Hello fellow Blender Artists! Here is my work for the Blending Life Challenge, Category A. I named her “Isabella”. I learned a lot over the past 2 months working on her for this challenge. The new features in the latest releases of Blender were especially useful.
- All images are straight renders, no post-render work.
- Modeled and Rendered in Blender 2.48a.
- Combination of skin references photos (from 3d.sk) were mapped using GLSL preview (I followed Lile Hansen’s excellent video tutorial for this).
- Texture maps were created in Gimp.
- Hair and eyelashes made with particle system. Hair emitted directly from the mesh. Eyelashes created using hair emitter mesh. I never worked with hair particles until 2 weeks ago and found Tony Mullen’s “Bounce, Tumble, and Splash!” book helpful!
Thanks for looking!