Bloody Time

Hello, guys! I hope you’re all doing well.
Here, I want to share my latest personal project with you. I have dedicated many hours to this, so it would be great to receive comments about it.
Well, this is my version of Santiago from The Vampire Chronicles. I hope you like it, and if you’ve read the book, I hope it comes close to what you had imagined.
I haven’t used any illustrations to create it; I usually create my characters this way.
With this particular project, I have used Blender for almost everything: modeling, retopology, hair particles for the character and clothing, grass particles replaced by polygonal objects, volumetric objects for the background smoke.
Additionally, I utilized ZBrush for fine sculpting and its normal map exporter for detailed hands and face. I painted textures in Substance Painter, and the folds in the coat were generated using Marvelous Designer, then reconstructed in Blender.
Oh! The rendering, of course, was composed with lighting within the Cycles render engine.
It would be great to receive some technical feedback on the project. Come on experienced folks, leave your opinions!
On the other hand, if you are more visually-oriented and not so much into the technical aspects, or if you have simply read the books, or if you just want to give your opinion about this blood-sucking character :vampire:t2:, don’t hesitate to leave your comment.
Your opinion is more than welcome, whether it’s good or bad.
Sincerely, P! :bat:

Lighting

360 GIF

37 Likes

The only thing that stands out is his ears. They are a bit large.

Untitled-2

Otherwise it looks amazing.

5 Likes

BigBlend, how are you?
First of all, thank you for your interest in this project.
After seeing your edit, I can indeed notice what you’re saying; it’s completely true, the ears look quite large. Well, I’ll keep this in mind for my future vampires!
Thank you for commenting and liking.
Greetings.

2 Likes

'What great big ears you have, Grandma. ’ ‘All the better to hear you with,’ the Wolf Vampire replied .

4 Likes

:wolf: jeje

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

nice, thanks!

1 Like

No no… there are different kinds of vampires… this is one of the ones who enjoys the hunt… he is so exited because he hears the fast heartbeat of his victim he has already biten and is chaseing… so as a natural evolution they evolved bigger ears…

:vampire: :ear:

Like the big-eared bat :

2 Likes

Outstanding mate, keep it up!!

1 Like

:japanese_ogre:You really understood it, my friend.

Thanks bro🤙🏼

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing! :partying_face: :heart:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article for this incredible artwork!

Do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the step-by-step process of creating the artwork and provides insight into character-designing in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

1 Like