Bloom problem with Photographer addon

Hi there,

I’m using the Photographer addon a lot to render my archviz scenes, but now i’m trying to use the Bloom effect from Camera Post FX effect.
The problem is that in my viewport the Bloom effect is totally different than the rendered image. Does anyone have any experience using this addon? What could be the problem here?

The Blender version is 4.0.2 and the Photographer is version 5.3.2

As far as I know, Composing Bloom settings don’t work perfectly in rendering previews.
The Bloom effect is also affected by rendering resolution (size).
Accurate scene processing requires adjustment in Composing after rendering.

Regarding the related Addon, you can ask questions at the link below to get an answer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gonna answer here, but this should have been posted on the Photographer thread for sure :slight_smile:

The problem is not from the addon but from the fact that Viewport Compositing renders differently from the final render compositing. There is no real way around in until devs fully replace the final render compositing with GPU rendering, and by making sure the resolution of your viewport is identical to the final rendering.

In the latest version of Photographer, you will find buttons to help you getting the resolution right (Passepartout at 1 and zoom at 1:1) and a new type of bloom using Gaussian blur nodes that should render closer to final rendering (unlike the Glare node that renders differently).

Thank you for your response. Looks like i need to update my addon because i don’t have Gaussian Type filter.