Blue Bulls mascot

Hello all

I have not posted for some time so I thought I would share my weekend project I started. Just finished model and first pose. I will post again once textured and perhaps some refinements on a few vertices here and there.

Attachments

Nice modeling. Isn’t the Bulls a Basketball team? For football we’re talkin “Dah Bears.”

In South Africa the Blue Bulls are a provincial rugby team. One of their rival teams : “The Sharks” had an agency do a 3d model of their mascot so I thought it would be fun to create a 3d makeover of the Blue Bulls mascot as well since I was born in this teams province.

Sorry for the American-Centric view of Sports. If your model was red - it would make an improvement to the Chicago Bulls basketball team’s logo.

Looks cool but make him more muscular a well built so that it looks like he can pull a whole team behind him and still score a 3.

Are you looking for any suggestions for the model?

@DCBloodHound , I might do a more muscular version once this version is complete. I already had this in mind but wanted to do a smaller built figure first … consider him a flyhalf .

@SeanJM sure , feedback of any nature is always reflected upon.

I have made tweaks to the shaping on the arms and have added the togs bottom and bottom teeth, put fully round eyeballs in and tweaked socket then added tracking. Created a run animation cycle to see how things are shaping etc . other minor tweaks as well

here is the the model unposed and 2 stills from the run animation loop

It certainly has a lot of character, you forgot the ears. :slight_smile:

Mmm you are right , I didn’t think about ears lol. I might try add some in but it is going to be extra back peddling now as Ive just finished complete uvmapping and tex /normal /spec maps. I changed his body color to reflect their actual mascot ( the big fluffy ones that run around the side lines at the games ) which is black. shirt texture is not great as I simply cloned and stretched a photo into the uv space , this will def need to be done by hand.

Anyway here is a link to a unity webplayer with the updated model. I have a spot lamp as the key light and a point light as fill with a 3:1 ratio to give it a darker feel. This webplayer model obviously has no sub surface mod applied

http://shaderbytes.co.za/bluebulls/

ps there is a slider at the top to control animation speed and a mixTransform “face” animation to test face rig blending and a button to rotate the model . clicking the buttons multiple times will toggle the functionality.

You can model the ears and keep the old model, you can bake your old textures onto your new model and then you can save some of the work. You’ll still have to fix the areas around the ears.