BMW (2025) Z8 M Spider

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well!

I’m excited to share with you my latest project, the BMW Z8. Being a huge fan of the BMW Z8, I’ve had a dream for quite some time to create a modern version of this classic beauty. My goal was to design a BMW that fits seamlessly into our current era without following to much the style of today’s BMW’s, which I personally don’t like too much…

Over the course of about a year, mostly dedicating my weekends to this project, I’ve put my heart and soul into bringing this vision to life. The challenge lay in finding the perfect balance in design. I made numerous versions, and redesigned many parts until I achieved a result that truly satisfied me. Preserving the iconic shapes of the original Z8 was crucial to me.

Made in Blender, Cycles, Photoshop, Premiere

I hope you guys like it!

Best Regards,
Marcel

Animation

follow me on:

instagram:

behance:

61 Likes

You did a great job!
My only concern is about the car painting.
I can’t clearly understand the car painting finishing.
Sometimes it seems matte, sometime gloss, sometimes seems that painting is rough…
This is the only thing I can’t read well on your project.
Except this, I think it’s really great!!

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah you’re right in some angles the shader looks flat hehe. Ill do some more renders later…:raised_hands:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

:drooling_face: wow. Bmw should take some notes.

1 Like

Beautiful work!! Awesome design, and top-notch modelling!
I love the original Z8, it’s arguably the most stylish car BMW ever made (which is probably why it was one of the James Bond cars lol). I initially thought that this was an official BMW redesign that I’ve missed the release of! You’ve done an excellent job in capturing the spirit of the original. The all red interior looks amazing as well, but I think I’d like it even more with a more subtle color :smiley:

2 Likes

Beautiful work, well done !

1 Like

Wow great work bravo :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Extraordinary work!

Congratulations! This job looks amazing! I have a couple of suggestions to improve it:

1. Animation: It seems like you’re using the default keyframe handle type (you can check this in the Graph Editor panel). Because of this, all scenes start with a static camera, then begin to move, and towards the end of the scene, the camera starts to decelerate. While this can be effective in specific scenes, it may not work well for all scenes. You could consider changing the Handle Type to vector, for example, to create smoother transitions. I highly recommend trying it out!
  2. Car Design: Firstly, the modeling is stunning—it’s incredible! However, when I looked at the images, my initial thought was “this is a great Mercedes rendering,” and I was surprised when I noticed the BMW logo. I had to search for the BMW model that you used as a reference. The work is fantastic, but the design lines don’t quite resemble those of a BMW; they seem more aligned with Mercedes’ design language. I would suggest checking the Mercedes 300SL, as it has some lines on the front hood that resemble this model.

Once again, amazing work! I particularly love the attention to detail, especially in the interior. Congratulations!

1 Like

Outstanding work and props for creating this in your free-time, that really inspires me. The rear end, especially the black inlay, reminds me a lot of the i8. The design is probably somewhat polarizing but to me it seems original and you tried uncommon things. Incredible work, hope I can reach your level at some point!

1 Like

Wonderfull. what a dedication and hardwork. And thanks for taking time to explain your project motivation and timeline. New user or old one who just post image without context please take note , this not instagram or facebook.

It’s beautiful :heart:.

thanks hehe :slight_smile:

@lolpoly
Thank you for your comment! Yeah i will also post some other colors and also outdoor renders as well!

@kevjon thx!

@mrvettore thx!

@homiegmomma thx!

@acoimbraf
Thank you for your comment! I There are many shapes of the car which are like the original Z8. But i get your Point, some shapes of the car do look similar to mercedes hehe.

@terloveq
thanks! Yea, while designing the car i was looking at current BMW’s and some concepts… I copied few elements of the i8 :)) also of the m1, M3 etc…
I used to be someone who starts projects and never ends them (at some point i’m still like that lol) So yeah somehow this car didn’t let me down and i got addicted in the end to finish it…
I’m glad i could inspire you :))

@sharlybg hehe thanks! I’m also planning to do a Making of…

@CalvinChris thanks!

3 Likes

This is insanely good, I don’t know what else to say accept BMW should hire you.

2 Likes