BOLTS OF ELECTRCICITY!

how can i do bolts of electricity, sort of like lightning, or sort of like emperor in star wars? hmmmmmmmm :frowning:

run a search for lightning, there has been alot of discussion about it over the last several months.

A verry simple, if not very elegant, way is the one I used for my weekend challenge cow. Just put two verts on the points you want connected by spark, then fractal subdivide (and move vertices if you want the arc in a special direction) till you get the right amount of jagginess. Lastly subdivide until the halo points of the material you add to it merge. Duplicate and make a halo larger halo with much less alpha if you want a glowing halo round the bolt.
Don’t forget to set Add to a value or it will look pretty dull.

As I said, not very elegant, but it’s simple and the result’s pretty nice.

1. pofo

There’s a tutorial of mine on lightning bolts

http://www.selleri.org/Blender/

follow the ‘tutorials’ linfk in the menu

Stefano

i know about the fractle subdivide part, but i nedd animated electrciity

not just static

anyone remeber that cid someone did of the two siler balls with electricity running in between them?

That was Caronte, i think.

Use an animated marble texture then!

Stefano

explain how to animate textures?!

Sorry, one thing i never learned! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll e-mail a .blend soon, is your profile with an e-mail?

Stefano

Hey Stefano could you hook me up to? I am always looking to learn new techniques :slight_smile:

s86

email is [email protected]

would you be mad at me if i actually used your .blend? or is it just to learn from

either way, that would be amazing!

Hi!

.blend should have reached you by now…

since it was made expressly for you you can use it wherever you want … it is a plain lightning stroke…

Stefano

the file is greta, thanx a lot s86

i actually just used it learn so i can do all the stuff mysefl, but if i get lazy, i’ll be sure to credit you

thanx a million