Bone Heat Weighting Failed (HELP)

I’m using Blender 2.79. I’m trying to rig a model I bought, but every time I try i get the error message “Bone Heat Weighting Failed: failed to find solution for one or more bones”. I’ve tried removing doubles on the model but that didn’t work, I’ve extended the finger tip bones slightly beyond the rig because i heard that could work but it didn’t, I’ve made sure the rigs origin point and the models origin point are the same, but still, nothing seems to be working. My model is not disconnected in any way, so that’s not the problem. I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong…

Is your geometry properly connected and free of disconnected vertices?
You can check that by “select -> non manifold”, make sure to be in the vertice-select-mode… it won’t work/show in face or edge select mode

Does the mesh have multiple pieces? For instance a body mesh combined with clothes meshes in the same object? If so separate the mesh (“P”) “By loose parts” and try binding just the body. If that works then use the weight paint tools to transfer weights from the body to the clothes. From my experience that will give better fitting clothes than automatic weights anyway.

OOP! Kobold beat me.