Bonsai

Made in Blender 2.71, no addon used! render with Cycles 1000 samples

I have to admire your dedication, (making a bonsai must be hard!). But a few things look off, if you don’t mind some constructive criticism. The leaves need some work where they connect to the branches, and the tree itself seems a little too glossy. The dirt could use shader refinement… IDK without getting my hands on it, but it just doesn’t seem a lot like dirt :confused: < I know I hate this kind of critique too, but unfortunately I really give any other info.

But the tree’s modeling is really nicely done, and the leaves’ material is really pretty. The table, doily, and bowl are magnificent as well. Good job on this one!

Thanks for your comments.
I,m agree with u in some parts , but i don,t think it,s too glossy, If u expand the image u can see that it,s better Than the preview and that is not so glossy.

Looks very nice!

As a real life bonsai fan I like your image BUT…

…the lighting isn’t making sense to me. It looks like the tree should be lit from the right but where I would expect a shadow on the left of the trunk, I see a bright patch?

As a personal preference, I like bonsai tree compositions that are set against a black or at the least, a very dark background. I think those sort of comps. set the trees off better.

Nice render. Well done.

Thanks to all

cool job on this!

Incredible job!!! It seems so Real…

Thanks friend!!!

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks friend!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks friend!!! :slight_smile:

I’m not agree with u, i think the light is correct…If u see the full image, u can see all details and shadows.

Thanks mb81…I m agree with u!