Book to learn

Does anyone know this book?

he Blender Python API: Precision 3D Modeling and Add-on Development

Is it informative? Would you recommend other structured sources?

Thank you so much !

If you mean this:

from 2017… then it seems a bit outdated…

…but you might have a look here:

and have a look at the code examples… (seems to be for blender 2.78)

more largely, what reading (or video) do you recommend to learn how to create blender scripts?
On the web I was able to discover :

Thanks !

This mainly depends on you liking and if you fro example know python as a computer language already…
The spectrum reaches from people who like to watch a video and follow them step by step up to others who want to have to read and only some illustration figures…
Even if they are up to date and doesn’t seem to just repeat random tips from others is something someone has to discover for oneself… :person_shrugging: …so: you already found some different kinds of informations and there is always See also Docs-Blender API Manual: Best Practise…… and python.org :wink:

Thank you for your reply. Personally, I am interested in learning via tutorials or illustrated examples. A bit like the tutorials above. But the sources are not always easy to identify. So, there you have it, if anyone knows of other examples that provide inspiration… don’t hesitate! I’m interested

THANKS !

On the blender cloud there is a course called “Scripting for Artists” , this was released some years ago and IDK if it’s been updated but it’s probably worth watching as you’ll learn best practices from a seasoned blender developer.

Don’t hesitate to also look for regular python tutorials, if you’re not familiar with it already.

1 Like