Bool Tool / Modifier Error

Hello Blender Artists crew,

I’m in the middle of my modeling gig and ran into a hiccup with the Bool Tool I haven’t faced before. I’m trying to cut a honeycomb pattern out of the bottom surface, however, the Bool tool keeps eating up the rest of my object, no matter which combination of Bool Tool I use. What worked in the past for me is the Intersect tool (image: on the left is what happens if I use this tool).

To me, it seems like my object isn’t set correctly so the Bool tool doesn’t know how to cut it. How do I set my primary object for the Bool tool to behave correctly?

Being a Blender newbie, I’m sure there’s a simple fix to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this roadblock is halting my project progress.

Also, I’m running Version 3.6.2. I’m not sure if this would play a factor.

Thanks in advance!

So who do you adress here ?? The crew ??

Anyway… : hard to tell… because you do not give any more info or show anything about your setup or ( a possibly simplified ?) blend file… :person_shrugging:

( And also there is 3.6.8…)

Look closely at the Honeycomb mesh. See all those odd shadowy glitches…
You have a lot of doubled mesh in there. In Edit Mode select all and Press M > Merge by distance.
That should fix the weirdness.
Hopefully it also fixes the bool error.

Bonus tip: Go into Preferences > Add-ons Search for ‘Add Mesh: Extra Objects’. Tick the box to activate it.
Now in the Add Menu there are extras… Go to Add >Mesh > Extras > Honeycomb. Use the popup Adjustment window to make what you want, which is usually raising the number of rows & cols.
It is flat, so you will need to extrude it up.