Borg-like planet explosion animation failing on export

Hi everyone, many thanks for reading.

I am trying to export an animation of an exploding planet-ship for our game eonwar(.net if you wish to see it in the trailer etc) and it has many parts.

The animation runs fine in Blender, however each time on export it goes into a grey screen unresponsive state and never finishes the task.

I have left it on overnight and also tried to only animate the 194 fractured objects of the planet, instead of including the additional 2934 pylons that explode off it but the same thing occurs… shows loading cursor > clicking anywhere on the window turns it grey and shows “program not responding” label > I terminate the application.

Are there any optimisation tweaks needed to animate such an object you can make known?
How much is too much? …in terms of number of objects being transformed in a single animation?

These objects are very simple meshes, but they do each utilise some level of unique transformation which i imagine increases the export time.

Again, any help is much appreciated.

You mean export to fbx ?? (not export as video)
Maybe try to export just 2-3 frames?
Mabye start with on console and look at the info given ?
(Your images just show us a bunch of objects…)

hi Okidoki, and sorry i did mean to say to FBX. The intention is to import the animation into Unity. I will try what you said and right back the log. Thanks!

I think I am going to make a YouTube tutorial on how to properly ask for help on a forum, starting from disclosing the version of Blender, hardware and OS used, and a proper description of what the expected result is.