Bosses amanita house

I know there was a challenge over at CG Boost a while ago about making a mushroom house so posting this one doesn’t feel that original, but since I actually made this one about half a year before that I guess it’s okey :slight_smile:
Everything is modeled by me, the mushroom is then textured in Substance Painter and everything rendered in Cycles.

And while making it I did two versions at the same time, one day time with Bosse sleeping in his hammock, and one at night where he stands on his balcony smoking his good night pipe.

And when I was done with those two I made this quick and dirty test to see how it would look during the winter. Thou Bosse is kinda like me so he rather stay indoors when it’s cold outside. Brr!

119 Likes

moon so cool :new_moon:

Yeah he’s an old favorite of mine, thou he’s actually created in Houdini before I started using Blender :slight_smile:

Awesome work! It’s also awesome to know that everything is modelled by you and not from some asset store! You have my full respect! So much that I’ve started following you :sweat_smile: Loved it, both night and day! Great style! Great job! :smiley:

1 Like

Love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

all of them looks beautiful. mushroom houses are always interesting. :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Whoops, I forgot to add the link!

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys! Mushroom houses are fun, might do more! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very nice, takes me back to my child days, that is so cool, only now that I am no child any more I want to ask how the house is heated in winter, is there still any room for living beneath the staircase. Live was so easy as a child, You have shown that again. Thanks

1 Like

Love the work, really well done. :slight_smile:
Like that little hanging balcony detail.

rob

1 Like

This is very beautiful, and generates various positive emotions and memories in my brain. Love it.

1 Like

Love this <3 :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks again guys, really nice to hear that some nice memories of yours pops up :slight_smile:
I myself only long for a simpler life in a cozy house of any kind far away from the busy city ^^

Man you make me jelly. Each one of the three has something so nice about it - impossible to choose a favorite! I love the thin white membrane bits on top and ringed around the stipe. Amazing really. I really can’t critique this … and if anyone has seen me around, they know I can critique just about anything. The only thing I could say is the snow one is very white. Maybe if there was less snow on the cap and flowers (I realize you can’t add to the background because it is the same scene). SO the snow one is like an 8.5 and the others are 10s. Congrats.

Oh yeah. Maybe if you could tell who Bosse is in the first post. And then it technically should be Bosse’s.

1 Like

Oh it’s soooo loveeelyyyy! :slight_smile: Come on, think of a story to go with it, come on! :slight_smile: Who lives in that house? :slight_smile: (who’s Bosse??)

1 Like

Thanks alot Boder! The snowy one was a quick test so there’s alot on it that I would personally change and finetune a lot if I’d make a proper final image of it. But still nice for a test I’d say ^^

Thank you! Well if you look closely you see Bosse the mouse naping in his hammock, and havin his good-night-pipe on his balcony :slight_smile: I would like to create a whole story for him yeah, thou I’m not really good at storytelling in that way. Would be really fun thou to create a short film some day with the little fella!

night theme is wicked… rim light is neat
lovely work!

1 Like