Bottle beer glass material help

(DymitR93) #1

Hello
please help
I want to render a bottle of beer. Unfortunately, I have a problem with colored glass material. I’m inspired by this project. If you have an idea how to do such material, please give me advice.
My render

Inspired project:

(sundialsvc4) #2

One thing that you should be fully prepared-for is the reality that your reference shot has undoubtedly been post-processed in a “digital darkroom.” And that it’s perfectly fine to do the same thing with yours.

Notice how the color of the lighting varies throughout the shot.

(moony) #3

One thing that is dramatically different is the lighting. Your reference is backlit.

Take a look at these tutorials:

(aghandwork) #4

Your render - Photoshop - Dodge and Burn technic.

Inside Blender - just play with lights.

(omgold) #5

Hmm, how exactly did you do the current glass and beer material? The main difference I see is that the beer is cloudy. Is that on purpose or undesired?

Suggestions:

• The color of bottle and beer is too similar and the cloudy liquid prevents the glass from showing its full glory
  • As others have already suggested, changes in the lighting of the scene might make a huge difference

(Taylor_Brown) #6

You’re missing the condensation. You need just a few nodes to accomplish this. You might also want to turn the world setting to black if it isn’t already. If you provide the the blend file I could mess around with it a bit and post the changes.

(DymitR93) #7

Thanks for all answers.
I will work on light, and post-pro. Yes, beer is cloudy, because I wanted to diffuse the light. It turned out to be not the best idea.
This is my project file.