Bottle Material? Anyone?

Hello, am fairly new here and i am currently working on a small scene in blender but am stuck with the shading the bottle, so if anyone here can help me with the material of the bottle to get as close to the material in the attached file, I would be so glad.
and am still using blender 2.79b with cycles.

In that image the white world around the bottle is not affecting the lighting of the glass at all. I would also say that the white label and text were added on top of the glass bottle after it was rendered/photographed, so none of the light affecting the bottle is affecting the label either.

So just make a glass shader with the right color and put a tall rectangular area light behind it. That should give you the bright-in-the-middle dark-on-the-sides effect. Put similar lights on the front left and right to be reflected by the glass and light the cap. Render against transparency and then add the white background in photoshop/gimp.

Thanks… am going to try that out.

In real life, all refracted materials have absorption phenomenia.

The things you can in Cycles with three alternative methods:

1.) Basically use tinted refraction material. Easily change color of Glass shader. This is not physically correct and realistic, but fastest method.

2.) Use white Glass shader and colored Volume Absorption shader. This is physically corrected, but maybe little slow.

3.) If you want more control over absorption and glass shader, like Vray, you can use VSHADE paid add-on. Or if you want use pre-made material, you can use VMATS paid material library.

thanks, the vmats addon is so tempting… i will check it out