Braun T1000 Radio Receiver

Braun T1000 Radio Receiver

This week I went for a more realistic piece, with some old school modeling and texturing : )
I love all of Dieter Rams’ design, and doing this retro radio unit was quite relaxing.
I’m quite amazed how he managed to make such a complex piece of technology something so elegant and functional (like the protection cover holding the instruction manual and frequencies guide is such a good detail!).

I took some extra hours to manually recreate the display panel, not sure if it was necessary but it was fun!

Back view of the unit

Front view, closed and ready to go !

I tried to be quite thorough in the modeling, I will try to upload a downloadable model on Sketchfab soon, if I can find an easy way to post it there :slight_smile:

Edit : I uploaded a LQ version of the T1000 on sketchfab, you can check it there

Assets used:
Plants, Table from Quixel
Pen by em_kei

58 Likes

I love seeing those old gadgets from the past. You really did fine on that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your kind words : )

Fantastic Work Ronan, great attention to details!

1 Like

Thanks Steven !
I’m always feeling a bit guilty doing product modeling… On the one hand I find it quite relaxing, but it feels that I’m less training my “artistic muscle” : p

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I LOVE beautiful renders of great product design, and yours popped off the Finished Projects page like a lighthouse beam cutting through a fog of “Post-Pandemic 3D Art Styles”.

As for “training your artistic muscles”, humans learn by first imitating, and if you’re sampling Dieter Rams’ genius into the AI training set of your artistic muscle memory, then you’re buying AAA tranche, my friend.

1 Like

Well do I remember that my grandfather had a multi-band receiver, and that is how you listened to the world. Nicely done.

1 Like

Thanks Don for your support, and your very poetic way of expressing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like