Brick arched window - Topography query

Hi,

I’m about to attempt to model up a house that has arched brick soldier-course at the window and door-head. Below is a streetview capture of the actual building:

I’ve already got a CAD version of the house and I’m wondering how to deal with the topography around the arches. The cad version which I’ve imported has vertices at every brick and joint (which is true to life of the actual building). I can extrude the top vertices and then terminate them at the window opening above (like below), though it creates a lot of edges in that one area but not much would be needed either side.
White = Mesh
Blue = CAD Import

Is this a good way to proceed, or is there a different approach I should consider?

This may be a silly question but why would you want to model the bricks? Wouldn’t that curve of bricks be part of the wall texture? Then apply it as a flat surface? The window could be a separate object.

The thought wasn’t to model all the bricks individually, but for the bricks above the window to be a single mesh that could be unwrapped and textured independently from the rest of the façade, which would be its own mesh. I’m trying to keep the geometry as quads, so the fact that the bricks and mortar joints have their own edges to the top side of the window opening, this carries through upwards. I guess what I’m wondering if there is suitable way to reduce the amount of edges between this and the window opening above?

Then… could this simply be done by an arrayed quad simple deformed → bend in front of the wall plane ?? The bend one (maybe differetn ratio) using the one and two half brick texture (UVs are rectangular) beeing just slight in front of the textured wall plane…

Or… the wall behind the blue CAD arch…

Maybe I’m not following you, I already have the shape of the arch so I’m not sure what benefit your suggestion will provide.

I’ve also noticed an error in my previous reply; the curved mesh will still be part of the same mesh as the house (hence the topology edgeflow query), what I was mean to say (but got mixed up with) is that when it comes to texturing, the arches would be their own UV map, separate from the rest of the wall. Apologies for any confusion.

Because i do not have yours i used mine for presentantional purposes mainly… also because after the flat-textured-surface–question you wrote:

my suggestion is: just put the wall “behind” the arch…
…of course when you want an “exact” mesh without any overlap and also modelled mortar and additionally beeing the arch bricks not “embossed”… then you have to array some bricks and boolean them with the arc to get a ful fledges mesh…