Bride Princess Peach

I loved Tsuaii’s rendition of Princess Peach from Super Mario Odyssey, so I decided to make my own 3D version of her. I started with just a bust, but later decided I wanted to do a full 3D printed version of her for my desk. I used Blender for the bulk of the modeling, and ZBrush was used for the initial shape and sculpt her face. Blender was also used for preparing the 3D model for printing - slicing into pieces, combining pieces into a watertight mesh, keying, etc.

For the final renderings, I created a Mushroom Kingdom background as well as a backdrop for the type of images you’d see from a Japanese Garage Kit product shoot. Here’s hoping my 3D print and paint will look that nice! :sweat_smile:

Thumbnail

52 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart! Have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very good job. Although it leads me to wonder, who is she getting married to?

1 Like

Thanks Bart!!!

1 Like

Thanks Micah! Good question, haha. In Super Mario Odyssey Bower kidnapped her and was going to hold a wedding. Maybe Mario finally gets the girl. :wink:

1 Like

Hold on, wait a min, the three images with the gray background are the physical 3D printed model…

If so it looks awesome, how large is it, what 3D printer was used, who did the assembly and painting, any close up images of the face to see how fine the details are? Basically, I need to know more.

1 Like

That looks too good to be 3d printed.

1 Like

Won’t sculpting all characters from scratch be time consuming?

1 Like

Well, it’s what I hope it to look like when completed. haha. I have all the elements printed out on my Form 2 resin printer, I just to do the post processing (sanding, filling, priming) then get out the ole’ air brush and start painting. When completed she will be around 8" (20cm) tall. If I get even close to the target renders I’d be happy. :smiley:

Here are the printed pieces, the dress is hollow to reduce resin waste.

1 Like

Yes, that would be very time consuming. haha. I think I will just have Princess Peach at the moment, I have a Mario in the works but he is a completely different style.

1 Like

Pretty cool, will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Looks like the printer has done a pretty good job of capturing the details.

While I don’t have a printer or the skills to paint/air brush a model, the idea of being able to make a statue of one of my characters at some point is very appealing.

1 Like

Very Beautiful.

1 Like

But why did you use the Flower Pirahna plants? They’re gonna shoot fire balls at her. Lol.

1 Like