So I know this is kinda a long shot, but I would like to bring speed modelling challenges back to the way they were and rebuild smcman. I looked at his code. It’s gnarly… I think making a docker container for a nodejs service that relies on redis as an inflight basis with a file system routed out to imgur or to some other hosting site (because I don’t want it eating up my disk space)
Outline as follows:
- Users can start, stop ,cancel as speedtest. “Foo” length:20 at:45 will start a topic foo for 20 minutes at the 45 minute mark of the current hour.
- !files would be gone
- !upload would create a link to a user list of images they have uploaded (linked to imgur or the like)
- (new feature) a user would be able to see a countdown clock of their stuff.
This is all assuming I
- have time
- can post to this part of the forum programmatically.
- that there’s a spot I can put this once smcman2 is built up - irc again or discord or webchat… what are the cool kids using these days?