British sailing ship

Hey guys, this is the result of my latest big project, the 3d model of a sailing ship resembling the HMS victory from the British navy, took two whole months to complete every single piece and part (i have not modeled any indoor environment) modeled and rendered in blender and textured in substance painter.

For the whole project including the wireframes, orthographic views and more go here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Pm9qYZ

71 Likes

Nice ship you have got there! Its detail and pretty much everything there is amazing.

The only thing that I would say that needs improving is the environment. The ocean is a bit too low detailed (maybe add more detailed bump/normal maps to the ocean mesh?) and ends too soon. The horizon doesn’t properly exist and I cannot see any change in fresnel either. I would think a great ship deserves a nice environment.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Nice work ! Do you intent to sell it or share it ?

1 Like

Sure! It’s here!

https://flippednormals.com/downloads/old-sailing-ship-3d-model/

1 Like

This is an awesome scene, but the cannon balls are WAY too huge. They would barely fit in the port holes for the cannons.

2 Likes

At first I rendered the balls at the original size but weren’t visible with the motion blur activated so for composition sake I made them a little bit bigger :slight_smile: , sorry about that.

Ok I see. Interesting. Maybe model a streak or something so you have more control over how visible they are? I think i they were 25% of the size that they are above, it would be more believable. Right now they almost look like UFOs were attacking ships in colonial times.

So inspiring! i’ve always wanted to create a ship like this, but i know the inhumane amount of work that goes into it! Props for following through!

1 Like

That looks amazing!!! some fast work you did!

1 Like

Lovely model and i will certainly pick this up.

2 Likes

cool ship bravo!!

2 Likes

The Boat are amazing !

1 Like