Broadcast Blender Showreel

Some of the projects I created using Blender 2.5. Previously I used Maya for all my animation projects. I now use Blender exclusively! All the shots here were rendered with Blender’s internal render engine. However I do feel I am pushing and finding the internal render engines limits, as a consequence I now export a lot of my scenes to Modo for final rendering. Overall I think Blender is simply brilliant and is now my prime animation software. Looking forward to see how Cycles and Blender tracking shapes up for the future.

What was that music at the beginning?

but very impressive – all was made in blender? motion graphics stuff included?

This is really amazing work =)

Thanks daren and Chekolian! Yes all shots were created and rendered with Blender 2.5 with some finishing in After Effects.

Music was “Afterglow” released by Footage Firm

Just for a minute the music sounded reminiscent of theme of Final Fantasy VII.

Nice, lose the skull it is the lowest quality of all the work.

Some great stuff there, though I agree about the skull. Do you have a shotlist detailing what you did and what program you did it in?

This is phenomenal work. It’s always inspiring to see what Blender can do in the hands of a professional!

Thanks very much for the feedback!
Re the skull I agree it is not very exciting to look at. I included it in the reel because the skull character was used to introduce the riders for the Crusty Demons World Tour as the riders entered the arena whilst in Australia. The project came to us at short notice so there was not a lot I could do. The skull had minutes of lip synched dialogue to read.

Shot breakdown
Antfarm Logo - Model, animation, lighting, render all Blender 2.5. (Composited in after Effects)

Ocean Sim - Model, animation, lighting, render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

Butterfly Shot - Model, rigging, animation, lighting, render all Blender 2.5. (Composited in after Effects)

HOT logo - Model, animation, lighting, render all Blender 2.5. (Composited in after Effects)

Metallic Spikey object - Model, animation, lighting, render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

Apache helicopter - Model, rigging, animation, lighting, render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

Statesmen of Comedy - City Layout, modelling, animation, lighting, rendering in Blender 2.5. Building models purchased from www.the3dstudio.com Smoke effects composited in After Effects

Array animation - Model, animation, lighting render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

Girls wings - Model, rigging, animation, lighting, render, tracking in Blender 2.5.(composited in After Effects)

Between The Lines Opener - Model, animation, lighting, render, effects in Blender 2.5. (Final composite with still shots in After Effects)

In Black & White - Model, animation, lighting, render, in Blender 2.5. (Final composite in After Effects)

Crusty Demons Skull - animation, lighting, render, compositing in Blender 2.5. (Smoke effects composited in After Effects) skull and helmet models purchased from Turbosquid

Black Orb with monitors - Model, animation, lighting, render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

John West Canned Film festival - Model, rigging, cloth sim on film strips, animation, lighting render, compositing all in Blender 2.5.

Shine On 2010 - Model, animation, lighting, render, in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

Bouncy Cubes - Model, animation, lighting, render, cloth sim, in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

City night scenes with graphic overlays - Model, animation, lighting, render, cloth sim, in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

Coral scuplture piece - Model, animation, lighting, render, composite, all in Blender 2.5.

ACSD Logo - Model, animation, lighting, render, all in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

Dance Sport Logo - Model, animation, lighting, render, in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

Million Dollar Drop - Model, animation, lighting, render, BGE rigid body sim, in Blender 2.5. (final composite in After Effects)

City Billboards - City layout, animation, lighting, render, in Blender 2.5. (final composite with Billboard graphics in After Effects) City buildings purchased from www.the3dstudio.com

Nice stuff!

Atom beat me to it. Definitely lose the skull shots.

When I used to work at Nine I used Blender for a lot of that work. Good to see someone else is slipping some some Blender onto Aussie airwaves!

All up, there’s some really nice stuff there. Congratulations.
(But seriously, give the skull the boot!)

Good to see someone else is slipping some some Blender onto Aussie airwaves!

I agree, great to see some top quality stuff from our corner of the globe :slight_smile:

Amazing work.

www.blendervisual.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/str9led