Broken Shadows – Portrait, Grunge theme (.blend included)

Thanks sharing .blend file.
Marvelous texture. Realistic and logical head mesh-lines.
Great work !

This is a really cool thread

5* Well done. Have to agree that its the best blender head i’ve seen.

Some of the bumps on the face seems too high, especially around the mouth area, otherwise awsome work.

uh… BgDM, why isn’t this in the gallery already?

Gerat Job Len!
By far the best I have seen in Blender.
What program did you use to paint your maps?Would you mine making the color map layer file available for download? I am trying to learn as much as I can about the process of making good textures.

I can’t download the blend file!!! :frowning:
I’m on a GPRS mobile connection these days and the server interrupts the download without giving me the possibility of resuming the file… :frowning:
I hope I don’t ask too much if I suggest recreate a new blend file with latest “developments” built-in like the new textures…

I second that.
I’d like to learn as much as possible in texture creation…

I think he used photographs. It was a self portrait, after all.

Len, ha, I was watching your WIP thread and I didn’t notice this. :spin:
Great finish! All that remains now is for me to do the same finish on my guy…like, in the same quality…(hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) :smiley:

FEDB, dukytyme, Djarielm, masternave, MIDIJE, mjordan, noidtluom: Thanks you so much guys! Hope I didn’t leave anyone out :slight_smile:

MIDIJE: I used Photoshop and a couple of photos of my skin from different angles :slight_smile: My original layered file is about 8000px wide, and ended up being around 900mb in size :slight_smile: And it’s still incomplete. When I did the grunge theme I jumped from 1st gear to 4th and did alot of texturing on the 2000px wide flattended version of the original. So basically I’ve now got two layered photoshop docs.

Hmmm, if I post them for download can I expect seeing some really good faces and heads from all you guys in the near future? :slight_smile: Hehe, let me see what I can do, I’ll reduce the big one’s resolution and simplify the layers, and post both psd files. :rolleyes: Gimp will be able to open them. I can only do that by Monday though hey guys, don’t have them here at work.

mjordan: Let me see what I can do. I’ll reduce the jpg compression dramatically and see how small I can make the blend. I’ll post that link also.

noidtluom: Hehe :smiley: Maybe the layered file will help :rolleyes:

Welcome to the gallery.

BgDM

YAY!!! Thanks BgDM.

Okay guys, I posted a layered .psd file for download on the first page. Mjordan, I’ll still try to post a smaller blend for you, hopefully later today.

Very nice work, specially the model of skin.

Thanks netoongsa :slight_smile:
mjordan: I placed links on the first page, with seperate downloads for all the textures and the unpacked .blend. Hope it helps.

I hope the uploader host holds out, there’s been roughly 600 downloads so far. In fact no it’s probably more than that, it depends on how many people downloaded the smaller compressed .blend versus the original bigger one :slight_smile:

I could not say enough, how awesome your work is, Len. Absolutely awesome.

Thank you so much dukytyme :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats on the blender.org gallery too!
It’s a wonderful picture to show Blender newbies just what can be done.
Awsome!
m.a.
ps. pity about polorix being downed atm.

Thanks Meta-Androcto :slight_smile:

Aye it’s a pity about polorix, hope it’s back up soon.

Wow, very nice. only one small thing, the hair for his… beard? gotee? w/e it is, (I don’t know the diff) is a little too straight, is there any way you can make it a little more… um… messy? I don’t know if that is the right word but that hair just looks too clean and fake ish to me. I really do like the portrait though, and the tat is very nice.

Now that I look, the rings in his ears look a little… plasticy, something about them is a little iffy, but thats just me being picky.

Good Job Man, :smiley:

5 *

Hi Len, hi all !
Very good job !
Nevertheless the eyes miss expressions, it’s my opinion ! !.
Respect !!
P.S : Excuse me, my English is very bad, sorry… .