Brooding

I’ve been messing around in Eevee lately, and wanted to share this new project I’ve been working on.

Below I’ll share some more in depth shots :slight_smile:

MESH
As you can see this is a pretty sketchy mesh with a bunch of weird topology, but its 100% done by modifiers, leaving the base mesh completly fine.

I used a multires modifiers on top to create the face and push in the detail on the silhouette. This allows me to then put a decimate modifier on top, and by using the planar option it can create some very nice and stylized topology.

High Poly

Decimated

SHADERS
Then its time to add shaders and lights the scene. The shader i made for this project isn’t that complicated, but still it took me a while to figure out what i wanted it to do exactly.
I think it turned out pretty cool :slight_smile:

Node tree

Sphere

LIGHTS
This light setup is also not that complicated. I used a basic 3 point lighting setup, with one keylight shining from above, and the other two behind the character to create this nice outline.

I also love using hard shadows in eevee since it gives this very stylized look.

OUTLINE
At last i wanted to give this portrait a bit more of a hand drawn look, so i added some sketchy outlines!
The grease pencil “Object Line Art” worked great here.

Here are the settings i used:

AND VOILA

After some post work, tweaking some colors, it is complete!
Had allot of fun working on this and it still amazes me how blender keeps handing me new ways to create art.

Anyways enjoy and Jaimy out!

Final Render

58 Likes

Fantastic in depth info added. I really, really like your style here! Thank you for sharing your work flow and break down. The multi res and decimate was particularly interesting, but the shader and grease pencil parts added a lot, too. Well done, and thank you for sharing your work. I love this painterly style.

3 Likes

Thank you! Im glad you like it and thanks for sharing your thoughts (:

1 Like

Thanks for explaining the workflow, looks amazing.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

-I expected someone like you… What did you expect?

-Are you an assasin?
-I’m a soldier.
-You’re neither… You’re an errant boy. Sent by grocery clerks. To collect the bill.

1 Like

Simple yet elegant. Nicely done.

2 Likes