BRYCE 7 is out ..

not impressed. after playing with it for awhile, it seems no different that Bryce 3. Also, I can’t figure out how to make all the sub-dialogs full screen on my 1200x1024 display …
still, Bryce IS fun to play with a bit …

I have to agree after playing around with it a lot, not much difference at all, except its very very buggy. Even some of the improvements don’t seem to be improvements. The Ibl In Bryce 6 was better! Clouds still look as crappy as they have since Bryce 3> There are a bunch of new lights but I can’t see a difference between the new ones an the old ones ! There is no documentation for the new features, except for a couple of vids on youtube covering a couple of features. The bridge to Daz studio isn’t even functional, if your trying to bring in animated models! Sure 45 dollars isn’t much to throw away on this flawed piece of software, but for me I spend money for something it should work 90% of the time at least. Most of the “Improvements” crash the program 90% of the time! Which is basically like you paid 45 dollars for a updated version of Byrce 6 …that doesn’t work.

However, there is one cool thing I did like, which is the instancing Lab, which basically allows you to create a brush based on objects in your scene, and paint them though out the scene, without adding to your render time. This is a nice feature, a level above Blenders dupliverts etc. It would be nice to have something like this in Blender.

Still I wish that somehow the original Metacreations company who created Bryce would come back and perfect Bryce the way it could be, and get it away from all the loser companies who are just trying to resell the same program over and over again.

Do you mean something like this? Link

P. Monk

I made my very first 3D scenes and animations with SuperBryce Beta 10a (somewhere in the 90’s)… And yes, things have progressed.
I was loving the UI and would still like it (for the mainstreams) if Bryce woudn’t be that slow.
Last time i used it i had a 300Mhz processor and i thought that it was the reason for that slowlyness… But this latest Bryce, even with 8 cores and 16 Gb ram, is still that damn slow… Can’t figure out why… :frowning: