Bsurfaces GPL Edition

Well. For the tool, it would be great to disable Lock Object modes option. It simplifies going back & forth between a mesh in edit mode and a GP object in Draw mode. But I don’t know if it is not too intrusive to have such option disabled by an addon.

It would be also a good thing to have option to show stroke directions enabled under GP edit mode.

1 Like

Thank you for updating and improving this awesome addon. I found 2 problems.:worried:

1. Add surface button is adding new geometry based of the 3d cursor location. It wasn’t like this before (pre 2.8).

2) When you select some border geometry and press “add surface” it doesn’t connect them If you draw more than 1 stroke. You have to tweak any setting in the last operation panel to make it show up correctly (works for annotaions only). For GPencil it even worse, if you draw 1 stroke it will show up as well, but if you try to tweak anything in the last operation panel it will give you an error “the selection isn’t valid” and for multiple strokes it won’t connect at all.

I found another issue. “Keep strokes” options is doing something wrong. In 2.79 it creates a new curve object for every NEW strokes. It doesn’t include the old strokes in the new object. Right now it does, so everytime you press “add surface” it gives you a new object with ALL the curves and geometry being created again on top of the old ones. And if you tweak anything in the last operation panel new object will be deleted for some reason.

1 Like

I m having those problem as well.

1 Like

Addon updated.
Added Stroke Depth Order = 3D location.
Fixed two problems:
a) adding new geometry based of the 3d cursor location
b) show up correctly if you draw more than 1 stroke

4 Likes

Much better now :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

After created a surface from curves , the surface will go to world origin not origin of the curves

and,

changing parameter Cross&Follow doesn’t work , but changing on popup panel works.

1 Like

Fixed create surface from curve (origin).
Cross&Follow and other option in ‘Edit’ toolbar is a first preferences up to create surface.

1 Like

@cwolf3d Thanks a lot for taking this init. If the old Bsurface users are using it then Annotation seems to be the way to go and familiar.
There are few small suggestion though:

1. The Retopology name in the panel may become confusing. Instead we can use BSurface Mesh or something like that. Also a tooltip would really help the new users.
  2. Default Placement of the addon would be better IMHO in Tool as the annotate layer is present there or if we can clone that annotate layer in Bsurface Panel that would be great too. Cause sometimes we need to remove the annotate layer.
  3. Cross and Flow numbers in tool panel doesn’t work as expected Flow always gives 1.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Yo @cwolf3d in the latest build bsurfaces is crashing blender: try this

• set the object
  • select two vertices
  • draw couple lines with annotation
  • click add surfaces

Can please have a look?
If I believe after this commit https://developer.blender.org/D4834 the problem had started, I might be wrong.

1 Like

It seems many addon are again broken from 30th May! Including some of mine. Can be a serious API change or fault. I am going to wait this time for 15th June.

2 Likes

The current version of bsurface has a lot of bugs a lose features :frowning:

I was trying to do this.

It’s not possible anymore.

I also have this one when trying to edit the number of loops.

I fixed the first mistake today.
Update the plugin to the latest release.

5 Likes

And I just fixed the second error.

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you :wink:

Could it be possible to have the settings here used when we add bsurface?

Right now, if you start, the values are 5 and 1 and when you add, it’s 1 and 1.
Could be nice to setup the value and have them used when we add bsurface.

Fixed keep strokes in addon.

3 Likes

Hi!
Is the feature where you build models using the curve circles no more? I can do it using the 2.79b version of blender but not with blender 2.8. I put in a link to what I mean https://youtu.be/V-7NpSkXFnM?t=34

This feature also works in 2.80. You need to uncheck the use Annotation and in the GPencil or Curve object field select the object (curve) with circles

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Fixed confused in addon. Now face-loops affect when creating Surface.

3 Likes

Thanks you very much, this addon is awesome

1 Like