Buizness Logo

as part of a project for school we had to make a logo for a hypothetical computer buizness
i named my buizness AV software Because my name is Aidan volkofsky

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/volkofsky/AVsoftware.jpg

um… that’s not 3D or blender made… so please put that in the traditional forum…

Yes it is it was made in blender and renderd in yafray

plz dont say thing you dont know

Why do 2d in a 3d program?

I can see how they got confused, as there’s nothing about that image that suggests it was made in a 3d program.

there is… horrible OSA :wink:

and maybe even a slight perspective if he didn’t turn on Ortho

Why do 2d in a 3d program?

because i dont have a 2d program

Try The G.I.M.P.

and don’t do things that you don’t know about.

C’mon man, done that in blender…and rendered in yafray? most funny thing I heard in a while lol. WHy do you have to render this is yafray? haha.

A shadeless black material on a white blackground and you are set…hell you could have done that in paint in about 5min

Pretty Cool logo. I would definantly turn on the OSA and just render it internally.
Peace

Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can… Who said you had to use all the D’s at once? Nobody ever got slammed for doing stills in Blender and not use the animation features or the game engine.

I’m not too keen on the logo. But I say that’s pretty resourceful of you to use Blender to get your work done despite not having a “2D program”. I like the “AV” well enough but the “software” part doesn’t do it for me. Maybe try to use the toon shader to come up with something with a tad more depth.

That’s where Cinema4D has everyone beat. You get a whole extra D. Who can match that? :wink:

Regarding the logo:

There’s not much to comment on regarding the Blender/render part of it, so my comments will be based on the artistic side of it.

1st off, for logo usage, the thin outlines will never be able to be reproduced at small sizes (like for business card printing) so on that point you should reconsider the design.

The spacing between your ‘A’ and ‘V’ are too tight. It makes the design look like one item instead of two letters.

The ‘stencil’ effect (cut out of the top of the A, bottom of the V) don’t really add anything to the design. Instead of seeming high tech, it makes it seem low tech (like the kind of thing that needs to be spray painted on a crate).

The shape of the word ‘software’ creates an uneven base for your larger objects to sit on. It makes it off balance.

The bottoms of your A and V are not aligned (off by a few pixels). Not that they have to be, but with this angular design it doesn’t look like a design decision as much as an alignment error.

I’m not trying to hijack your thread, but I’ve done a fair bit of logo design, so I spent a couple minutes and put together a mockup of the way I would treat your basic design (attached) … hopefully to address how to overcome the problems I outlined above.

By using two colors, it’s easier to separate the two letters (and prevent them from mashing together). I left the letterforms solid, so that they’ll reproduce at small sizes.

I’ve also made the ‘cross beam’ in the A tie in with the design of the general shape - by tying in the rounded ends with a rounded dot. I made the dot color match the second letter for visual interest, but also to help balance the color.

I didn’t capitalize the ‘s’ in software which allowed me to tuck the higher points of the letters up into the void between the letters on the larger object. This creates a smoother ‘base’ on which it can sit.

Attachments

I could totally understand using Blender in this case. It would be cool to make the letters with curves, which is probably what Aidan did. I don’t know about you, but to me, the curves in Photoshop are really tough to use.

On the logo - I think you have a good start. Agent 86.5 hase some good suggestions. Keep playing around with this.

-Laurifer

You can use blender for what ever you want to use it for…

South Park ( a 2d cartoon) is made with a very powerful 3D program…and the fact that you coudnt tell that it WAS made in blender shows what you know…

Isn’t all pictures 2D in the end? I cant realy say that my final jpg-images are 3D anymore. The 3D part of it stays in the blend file. :-?

Isn’t all pictures 2D in the end? I cant realy say that my final jpg-images are 3D anymore. The 3D part of it stays in the blend file. :-?[/quote]

You are RIGHT! The image is on a FLAT screen. Unless you have 3D-glasses (or your screen morphs into a real 3d culpture when a Blender picture is displayed), all of the images here are 2D.

C’mon man, done that in blender…and rendered in yafray? most funny thing I heard in a while lol. WHy do you have to render this is yafray?

1.This may sound dumb but because i suck with yafray and i need to practice
2.Its faster in yafray

Agent 86.5
thats a cool logo thanks for the tips heres a few more variations of my logo

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/volkofsky/AVsoftware1.jpg

and for all those who said i should make one with the illusion of depth
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/volkofsky/AVsoftware2.jpg[/quote]

I am touching the screen, It still feels flat.

1. it’s not with such scene that you can truly practice with yafray…
  2. I highly doubt it…such a render in blender would take a sec or so. Don’t know if you need any faster than that…and setting it up is one click away in the material setting by clicking shadeless…no need to put light! eh…

Anyway…sorry if my post sounds agressive, I jsut pissed me off seeing your attitude against the guy that just told you waht anyone else would have said without the info you gave afteron. I have nothing against doing 2d thing in blender…I’ve done it myself…the only thing I found really weird was using yafray to render it…

Anyway…sorry if my post sounds agressive, I jsut pissed me off seeing your attitude against the guy that just told you waht anyone else would have said without the info you gave afteron. I have nothing against doing 2d thing in blender…I’ve done it myself…the only thing I found really weird was using yafray to render it…

yer i was a bit rough but i was tierd it jus pisses me off when people who have made 10 posts tell you what your doing wrong

sorry Lubear

ps could people only comment on the work itself rather than why i did it or what with

thnx

Aidan