Bullets behaving badly

I’m working on a space combat game, but I’ve been having a persistent problem with the bullets. I have everything set up right: empty with add object and all that. The problem isn’t the shooting, the problem is that the bullets don’t come out of the center of the empty, and when I fly around in my ship, the bullets spawn all over the place.

I tried clearing rotation and scale, but nothing seems to help. I did manage to get the bullets to behave, but it required scaling my ship up to massive levels, which I don’t want to do because it would require scaling up everything else in the level as well, and that would cause texture flickering.

If I can get the bullet object to spawn from the center of the empty rather than way off to the right, that would fix the problem, but I don’t know how to do that without scaling everything up, which would cause other problems. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

try Ctrl+A then choose scale, after scaling the ship

It’s possible that the center point of your bullet is incorrect. Have you tried setting the “origin to geometry”? The origin is used for the spawn location of an object when using addObject()

It’s also possible that there’s another collider in the way, and when the bullet spawns in, it gets shot out of the collider. To check this, you can enable “Show Physics Visualization” in the render tab (I think?) and it should show if there are any invisible colliders getting in the way.