Bunc's Sketchbook

First mockup of something I was thinking of doing.

Attachments

So preistess can now go in the landscape. She;s bald because I havent done any hair. But im ok with bald priestesses. Personally I like her smallness in the landscape.

Attachments

This messes with my eyes.

Attachments

I know were Im going with this but ive still a long way to go. A test render at 170 samples.

Attachments

I had been trying the denoise on the last image and I also decided to try taking the color saturation down and lighting down on the less important lights and materials so as to try to throw the focus more on the figure. This is 169 samples and denoised. Ive put more fade on the volume but it could still do with some repositioning. I did some post process on this as I wanted to get more glow so thee was a sense of energy from the top light crackling in the room. Im not happy with the main walls of the room but I like the ceiling and its lights. Some major reworking of this I think needed while I keep the figure, main lights and main ceiling structure. the idea originally was to imply that the woman is somehow connected through the light to the energy of the Galaxy in the winfows beyond. I still want this but I need to rethink how to achieve this.

If anyone ever reads my thread by the way please dont be shy of making comments, good bad or indifferent!

Attachments

I was trying some ideas for making galaxies and I got this which I like.

Attachments

I did a bit more work on the last one with the compositor. Render time for this is about 45 secs.

Attachments

Just a quick mockup using the last render

Attachments

Variation on that theme. Stars are pretty rubbish.

Attachments

Possibly better with the background lower?

(Upade _ looking back at this the stars are even worse than I remember. Im going to have to improve how I do stars)

Attachments

This sun is simply three mesh spheres with procedural textures. I did it from memory, when I look at reference images on Google I was fairly happy with what I had got. The flares are in the ballpark but would be better if they looped from and back onto the surface. I havent a clue about how to do that at the moment. That may need a different approach entirely I suspect.

Attachments

I seem to be into astronomy mode at the moment. This is an attempt to create a nebular interstellar space scene. Best viewed large.

Attachments

I let my Gimp have a sniff of the last image.

Attachments

I was experimenting with something and this came out. It wasnt what I was aiming at but I found it an interesting image.

Attachments

This is the first incarnation of some clouds for a landscape render.

Attachments

Another test of clouds. The landscape is just a rough one.

Attachments

Rain showers.

Attachments

I used a slightly different approach to generating the clouds here.

Attachments

This is an update of an earlier render. A screengrab of a viewport render at 49 samples only. I used film emulation in color mnagement and some curve adjustment there. This update includes a lower perspective and water reeds. This image is not post processed.

Attachments

Attachments