Business warrior

oh yeah, that looks cool now :slight_smile:
and really?? you seriously have to see it :open_mouth:
i found a great tutorial on faces a while back, i’ll see if i can find it again :slight_smile:

Yeah. The most I’ve seen was on Total Wipeout UK where some of the contestants where head-bands. And other than that it’s the Tintin movie where some wore those bolerhats (pardon spelling, lol).

That would be a massive help!
I usually use a plane that I sillhuette with and then turn it 3D, but in this case I did a cube that I extruded (he didn’t stand for mug shots, lol), so it’s a generic modified head. The topology isn’t fantastic, but it’s also not the worst I’ve done, lol.

oh no, please understand that those people on total wipeout are not english in general lol, they are the ones we didnt want :wink:
found it :slight_smile: its actually a tut for 3DS max, but because its polygonal modelling it is all applicable to blender quite easily :slight_smile:
http://www.secondpicture.com/tutorials/3d/3d_modeling_a_mouth_in_3ds_max.html
haha, well i found modelling from a cube to be the most difficult way, so well done on what you did achieve :slight_smile:
Btw i have just made a discovery that might help you if you get a multi core CPU, check my cycles thread.

Lol, I know they don’t represent the whole country, but that and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is really all of England I really see (except when my brother watches Top Gear, but that’s only in passing).
That is a fantastic tutorial!!! Just the mouth part makes you wanna smack your forehead and go ‘why didn’t I think of that’, lol. Thank you!
I checked it, but I wonder how many threads my PC can really do. Do you have 8 dual cores that give you 16 threads or what…? I’d luv to even get good ol’ BI faster.

haha, now top gear, thats a good program xD there are some right wierdo’s on total wipeout though, i dont know where they find them haha.
Oh good, im really happy its helping you xD your welcome.

haha, i had to look it up on the internet to see just how many threads mine had :slight_smile:
no its 4 dual cores, each capable of 4 threads, making up 16 threads in total, its the way the new bulldozer achitecture works drawing out more power from each thread :slight_smile:
haha, my BI is unbelievably fast on this computer, but unfortunately ive got too used to cycles and i really like it too much now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hammond often says the same thing, lol.
It’s because you have the power for it (^^,). I can imagine, I wonder if yours is fast enough for almost real-time playback on a simple scene… (no that’s not a challenge, but feel free to try if you wish)
Oh okay, so mine probably can only handle 2 at the most, oh well. Still get plenty done (^v^).

i did manage to get realtime playback on a clay scene in BI of the cube floating around, my animation skills arnt very good though lol.
well with great power comes great responsibility (spiderman, oh yeahhh)
well i done almost all of my work on a much lower end machine and it done the job well :slight_smile:

Precisely!
That’s cool! Wish I could see that (^^,). Well then, after modeling I think animation would be the next challenge (^_^).

For now this project is on hold until I can get my brother to sit still for mug shots (lol, sounds funny).
BUT! I did just finished a new tutorial on procedural textures and how they work (focus on the cloud texture, because it’s more an introduction; I want to expand it into my first commercial tutorial). Here’s one of the images you can make with the tutorial (a PDF):

(not religious content, I just forgot the mist on from the first part of the tutorial and thought it looked kinda cool. Maybe NASA will consider this for their bridge to the moon or something, LOL).

looks cool :slight_smile: have you figured out proc textures in cycles yet? :wink:

Not quite (I have an idea of how to apply them, but color picking is still my biggest issue, however, using texture nodes it’s fairly easy).
I have actually thought of splitting the commercial tutorial in two; BI and Cycles.
That would make for one excellent tutorial I think many will go after.
What do you think?

sounds like a good idea :slight_smile:
i am going to be making a website this year similar to blenderguru but specializing completely in Cycles, i dont know if i would make any money from advertising etc… but i know it would help alot of people who get confused over the many option and capabilities of cycles (like me at first) and then selling premium tutorials on disc or book from there, so if your interested then let me know and when i get round to it yours can be the first premium tutorial :slight_smile:

Very interested, then you can also take part of the profit (only fair since you’d be hosting it).
Just need to write it first of course, but I want to start on Monday.
You can make quite a good amount if the adds get enough clicks and people can also pay you for add space on the side or something. I also like the concept of a Cycles focused site, but there already is one with almost only BI tutorials, lol, ironic, no, lol. If you do make it focused on Cycles, you can still add BI tutorials, but mark clearly which is which.
Let me know when it’s up!
(^^,)

sounds good mate :slight_smile:
and i like the idea of mixing the two, the only downside is that once BI because phased out of blender there will be alot of unnecessary tuts taking up space but not helping many people :L
i suppose it would mean rewriting all the tutorials myself, adding and tweaking elements so the original person that taught me in a tut doesnt get annoyed at me just posting his work else, so i wouldnt expect it anytime soon, but its my goal to have it up and running by the end of the year (a long time i know but my primary focus right no is getting enough modells on turbosquid to sustain me so that im able to put my time into the website)

Yeah, I don’t think BI is going anywhere. There’s just too big of a difference in approach between it and Cycles (not to mention speed). If anything, they’d leave it in for those with slower machines.
I’m sure these projects we keep doing will help keep the word up about what’s available.

Lol, I just found there’s a bug in Blender’s world mapping in BI. It does view mapping on Global and on View (coordinates). So I have to fix my latest tutorial (it worked in the past, so I assumed it would again, lol, oh well).

i hope they dont phase it out :slight_smile: after all BI have given me alot of nice renders over the years and fast renders lol xD

not sure what you mean there, wanna explain :wink:

In the early 2.5 series, you could map procedural textures to Global on the World and it would stick to the world. On the last releases, Global maps like View does (your image or texture then sticks to the camera, not the world, thus, if the camera moves, your texture moves)

oh i see, i noticed that too with my saying goodbye scene, in the end i got around it by using a hughe plane with a curve that wrapped around the entire visible scene

To fix it (if you still want to use the world), you can also add a sphere in the middle of the entire scene 0 (X,Y,Z), then map your world’s textures to the sphere’s coordinates. Just make invisible to the render.

brilliant idea marius :slight_smile: ill have to try that some point :slight_smile: