Business warrior

Oh well (^^,)

Aah, not the solution I was hoping for, lol.
I know about adding the HDR stuff, but I really want to add the usual generated textures, because I like that sort of look, you know. I tried adding a texture node system to the World, but it didn’t show up.
I also found that I can’t seem to color the textures in the material nodes. I know you can when you use texture nodes (if I remember correctly), but ja, still a lot to learn there, lol.
I also noticed that there’s no mist options either?

well easiest one to answer is the mist, thats now in the camera section.
oh you mean like procedural textures? yeah i miss those too, hopefully they will be added in cycles eventually, for now though you can just add a clouds texture node to the world setting :S

Okay! That’s cool, now I know at least where it is, lol. I also know that you can set your DOF without guessing now (the distance). In, I think, it’s the display section, you have a tick box called limits. It lets you see a cross where the DOF’s focus will be based on distance. Or you can just set an object as focus point.
(watched Andrew’s last tutorial about interior lighting in Cycles).

As for the procedural textures, oh well. A sphere with low emmission value will have to do then, lol.

yeah the depth DOF is good, but it doesnt work… at least when i use it :S see my cycles thread and look at the frosty wheat picture, that has DOF but its not visible :L

Set a transparent object or the distance cross in the middle or front (closest to the camera) of the wheat and then set your camera’s dof focus on that object. The DOF is extremely sensitive (depending on scene size if I recall correctly), so start with a value of 1 and then work your way down to a satisfactory focus (it does show up on the preview render view and you don’t use nodes for it).

Btw, the wheat picture looks amazing! Does Cycles now support hair?

oh thank you :slight_smile: i’ll have to try that when i get to the final stages of my scene XD
cheers, i was quite happy with the result, but i was annoyed that the DOF wasnt working lol.

It’s cool! I’m sure it’ll work now.

Yes! Whoohoo! I can upload pictures today! Gotta get to work then!

Good afternoon peoples (it’s 12:20 over here)!!

Okay, so here is a part of the shirt completed (will see about the rest, but I want to add what’s missing):
Ignore the thigh. It’s a rigging error I can’t locate, but since it’s covered by clothing and this is only an image, it’d be time wasted to try and find (which I already tried btw, lol).

Also, the shirt doesn’t have any materials applied yet. I just wanted a progress up here to get the thread back on the first page, lol.

The thing is, I don’t really think that any of them had a significant, lasting impact on the wrestling business.

Laser pointer

Still have to do the pants, the shirt sleeve on the right arm (his right, lol) and add the tie etc, but it’s really coming along!!

Here you go peoples! Almost done!!

As my first human-like project, I am really really happy with the result above. It is my first more complicated rig (the most complex before this was the dolphins image a few posts back).
Hope you like it too, if not, that’s also fine, lol!
(^^,)

I like it it’s a bit comic style. Keep going can’t wait for the final version.

Some pages backward, you say about PC hahaha i don’t want to know what they say on my pentium 4 3.2. 1 g. Ram. And GF 7900

@Kramon: Thank you!

This will probably change (the shield’s design is just to put something in). If my brother likes it as is, then this will be the final, but I’ll definitely post if it is.

Hope you like this one too! (^^,)

I think they’ll say: Make due, lol. Slow doesn’t always mean terrible, just need to work smarter. (^_^)

looks great mate, looks almost like its a real model made of clay. great work marius :slight_smile:

This looks pretty good already. The light points on the jacket are from the lightning, right? I think that could be a bit less obtrusive. I like the jacket but sadly I can barely see it because my display is portraying it so darkly :frowning: Can’t even see the cool rips you made. You know what would also be cool? If he had his tie around his head like a bandana. very business warrior-like, that :smiley: He’d be the guy that jumps on his office desklike Rambo and goes off to fight evil corporations.

Marius he’s onto something good there with the tie, like Rambo, do it man XD

@bizla: Thanx!! It does have that super detailed, small object kind of feel to it. I wanted the tie around his leg, but due to the final model’s pose, you won’t really see it, so I do have to add it somewhere else. Usually over here when people put their tie around their head, they’re behaving like a crazed baboon; don’t think he’s going for that look (LOL), but we can certainly give it a shot and see how it looks.

@brokenrecord: Thanx for the input. Yeah, I never wanted the lightning in (I think it steals away from the scene), but I do agree, it’s very dark on the other side. I upped the brightness of the jacket (it and the pants share the same material), but still, the tears to fade into the shadows.

This is what it looks like when I upped the darker sun from 0.1 to 0.5, turned the lightning off and made the material on the pants and jacket brighter:

(PS, I forgot to fix the eyes, so they do look weird right now; there are no eyes, lol).

i found this to be a helpful tutorial on creating realistic looking eyes, it might be a bit out of date but im sure its still applicable :slight_smile:
haha, what a phrase lol :slight_smile: in england its pretty normal to wrap things around your head… well it is if youve just ewatched rambo anyway ;D i think we might be a country of crazed baboons hheeh :stuck_out_tongue:

i found this to be a helpful tutorial on creating realistic looking eyes, it might be a bit out of date but im sure its still applicable :slight_smile:
haha, what a phrase lol :slight_smile: in england its pretty normal to wrap things around your head… well it is if youve just ewatched rambo anyway ;D i think we might be a country of crazed baboons hheeh :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry hit send twice :S

Turns out the tie looks kinda cool! Didn’t have that crazed baboon thing at all (^^,), LOL.
Really? Interesting! (^_^), I really had no idea, because I haven’t seen it.

Anyway, here’s the tie version:

Getting back to seriousness though, lol. My brother wants me to redo the face (no surprise there, yet he hasn’t posed for pics yet; no pics, the face stays the same) and the shield, but he likes the overall, which is good.
It’s kind of a silly and serious project at the same time, haha.