Business warrior

Here you go, another update!

My brother wanted me to add lightning, but from the get-go I believed it wouldn’t work and guess what, it didn’t, lol.
Although the lightning itself I like, I don’t find that it fits this scene in any way. It’s out of place and just awkward. At least I know how to make lightning now. (^^,)

Andrew made a great tutorial:
http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-to-create-a-lightning-storm

Just sent him a smaller version to see what he thinks.

good lightning, although inside the lake it looks a little funny, try placing behind the mountains? so its more of a distant storm aproaching

He wanted the lightning to strike the lake a bit, but the scene (at least to me) has to say that the battle is almost over (like reaching the top of the mountain) and the sunset is just the crowning of the scene.
A storm addition would mean a complete redo of lighting and scene and it would mean the warrior would be in darkness.

ah i see, bummer then :S well hopefully he’s happy with it, a man of little words eh :wink:

HAHA, for sure. I tend to say too much and he too little.

haha sounds like me and my sister lol.

You talk more or less?

oh ALOT more lol xD

Bad news, he like the lightning.
BUT, the great news is I received a simple solution: make two finals and let him choose
One with- and one without lightning.

I saw you started a new thread on coping with Cycles. Interestingly enough, I wanna do a project in Cycles today, so here’s hoping it doesn’t crash and burn, LOL. PS, I wanna send you a private project via PM

ah well that sounds like a good enough solution xD

yeah check it out, ive posted a ton of tutorials on cycles and also ricky blender has posted an interseting tut on cycles and the array modifier :slight_smile:
good luck with your cycling hehe :stuck_out_tongue:
cool, send it, i’ll look forward to seeing :slight_smile:

Coolness, so, I started on the warrior character today. First he looked surprised and squinty looking into the sun, so I opened the eyes, closed the mouth a bit and made the eyes slightly droopy on the outer corners. Looks more like someone else I know of than it does my brother, but from the get-go I didn’t want it to resemble him 100%. I also added hair and eye-brows and rigged and posed him. Not posting anything yet, because he looks au-naturelle (pardon spelling), so I’m uncomfortable posting it. Next: the clothing.

For the time being, I will post something completely unrelated: a present I made for my aunt. She luvd it and I believe you will too:

(just to post something)
It was done with Blender Internal. I really wanted to do it with Cycles and tried to, but after struggling a while I had to switch back to BI if I wanted it done in time. Enjoy!

Okay, so I received a solution to at least show the face (very low res), so here goes: (be nice, lol, it’s still my first 3D human being)

I also have no idea where the dot on the nose comes from… Oh well. Maybe I should make everything visible and see if there’s something there.

well it beats my first ever face model :wink:

Thank you!
You should’ve seen it before with the very bushy hair! Hahaha.
What did your first attempt look like?

haha, did it look like an afro at first?
my first attempt was not human thats for sure, it had tiny ears, tiny nose, huge eyes a mouth that too low down, its the martians! ;D

Oh, I’ve been playing around with Cycles a bit and looking for ways to improve on the caustics and I see they are gonna have to add some form of slider to get those really sharp lines you’d see at the bottom of a pool.
Here’s a diamond preview rendered at quite a few passes

(it seems BlenderArtists.org is limiting the amount of images per day to 1)

Hahaha, worse!!
Do you still have a pic?

i do, hang on i’ll grab it off facebook :slight_smile:

That actually looks kinda cool, not human, but cool!
I like the rigging you did on this one. It gives a very soft appearance to the model.

Btw, do you know how to create that background on the World in Cycles, short of adding a sphere, texturing and enlarging it?

aha, thank you, although it was supposed to be human :wink:

the easiest way i have found for just creating a quick background like that in cycles is going to world settings, adding new, then changing it to sky texture then selecting your image of a sky, easy and simple, also gives proper HDR lighting :slight_smile: