Busy... Ton read this

Hey Guys,
I know it seems I’ve been dead recently. Been waiting for Ton to make some news on what was going on with Blender to really decide on what to do with this code project. Now that Ton has posted his proposals on Blender, the question goes out to him what does he think we should do? And IF it goes opensource, or IF we put this project together, would he instead of myself like to lead this project. And if he doesnt have the time for it could he act as sort of a grandfather and give us some help every once in a while. While I have been dead this week, I’ve been putting together a few ideas for the project, researching code, spending lots of time with my nose in big books written by guys who don’t know what sunlight looks like any more.(Im begining to feel that way) Soooo… in order to prevent myself from this, Im off to Florida for 6 days to READ MORE!!! I will return with reports on what I have found and what I think should be the best course of action to handle it code wise, project wise. Thanks to all those who have sent me emails. I appreciate them. Since this will be my ‘vacation’ this week I will not be checking email, or the forum. I will return on the 29th(my birthday) and will check up on everything then. Thanks to those who have supported me through the week, and I hope everyone has good fortune in the coming week.

God Bless,
Danny

Not checking email??? How in the world do you do it?

I would go insane if I couldn’t check my email. The last time I went to the beach I had to track down a coffee shop with a web connection (it was on an island) just to see what was going on and check my email. Then I brought my laptop and books on relativity. Actually, come to think of it, I hate vacations, and weekends. I love mondays because it’s the start of the work week, but hate fridays because things arn’t finished that needs to be done.

Well, enjoy and good luck.

acasto, there is a place for people like you.

Actually, seriosly. E-mail checking has been known to have the same addictive effects as gambling and if you really can’t stay away from it, might be time to find some help.

Unless, of cource, you were kidding. :-?

Go to E-mail Checkers Anonymous

They helped me.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good but you’d probably get ton to read your message if you posted it in the Blender Foundation forum, i think that’s the only place he’ll be checking now.

Pooba

I don’t think I’m addicted (but then again addicts usually don’t admit it :wink: ) but I have a fear of missing things that’s going on. I always have to be the last one asleep, I have to check the news (realtime… none of this newspaper stuff) constantly, and I have to check my email. I have this feeling that unless I stay connected, the world will move without me and I won’t be able to catch back up.

Or maybe I’m just crazy. :wink:

Hey Guys,
I know it seems I’ve been dead recently. Been waiting for Ton to make some news on what was going on with Blender to really decide on what to do with this code project. Now that Ton has posted his proposals on Blender, the question goes out to him what does he think we should do? And IF it goes opensource, or IF we put this project together, would he

<Large amount of nonsense snipped>

And just who the hell are you?

I’m just wondering where your goin to lead us. Why would you be a good leader, what do you have that some “trusting people” don’t have? what are your credentials? and what do you plan on doing? what do you promise to do as a leader? Some background info would be nice for this so called “benni hill” leader lol. I’m just curious about this whole leader thing. sorry for spelling errors to all you nitpickers :.

::TaylorR::

Thanks for the enthousiast reaction.

In order to have succes with this BlenderFoundation initiative, leadership is not the real issue, but the commitment and perseverence of individuals who will put energy in it. I am ready to commit myself, especially to initialize all operations and other administrative work to make it a success.
Based on contributions and achievements of others, I will be pleased to step back and hand over control.

If you like to call it that way, yes I’m the Foundation boss and will lead this expedition to the Promised Land. And to complete the biblical analogy, Mozes never entered his destination… but hey, he shouldn’t have taken 40 years for that!

-Ton-

All right, but does that mean you ARE the leader or not?

yeah, he wouldn’t ask for directions

Anyone who leads such a project (if it’s a serious effort), should be able to demonstrate their qualifications to do so. For example…there is some serious planning required to implement a project of this nature. I’ve seen a lot of discussion of features, but nothing in the way of a plan or specification- this alone will take a bit of time to develop. It would be nice if it were handled the same way that RFCs are.

Even if someone were to jump in and start coding (affording them a leadership role by default), it still doesn’t address the issue of viability. I’d be hesitant to participate in any effort (at any level) where this was not of paramount importance. So, before deciding on who ultimately leads the project, it should be determined who (of those who want to) are qualified to lead such an effort to a successful outcome. Right off the bat, it would suggest someone with previous design experience, and someone who is familiar with, and sensitive to, issues related to usability.

Ton wrote:

>I am ready to commit myself, especially to initialize all operations and other administrative work to make it a success.

well, initially I for one am following Ton (due to his coding experiance)

and Zarf does ask a good question:

> And just who the hell are you?

no offense Dan Sellers, but the position your seeking,
has to be earned with years of blending and coding experiance,
not to mention, convincing us older blender users that you
can pass through the baptizim of fire (us critics)

thats my 2 cents,

dale