Butter Cookie Lady (concept by Rinotuna)

This is my take on the Butter Cookie Lady by Rino “RinoTuna” Park!

Should i call her the sewing kit lady?!

91 Likes

This is incredible :open_mouth: it looks awesome! Love the way you sculpted the hair and All the little details in the Sceptre.
By the way how did you make the outline? Is it the line art shader from Blender?

1 Like

Wow, really incredible work. I would love to see your wireframe, and learn more about your shaders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, the regular hair from the ref would have taken 1 more month to do if i went for accuracy…

The outline is a regular inverted hull method with solidify modifier, inverted normal.

There is two different color outline material,
some details took so much time, overall the higher you go in the model the harder it gets.

between you can look for it on sketchfab, and try to find the tuna!:grin:

Oh you can look for it on sketchfab

There are no shader in there , only emissive material so everything stays flat.
I tested some realistic material too, was doing pretty ok (well you know the regular testing stuff)
the wireframe will be biased because of the outline mesh, it will inflate everything.
So won t be as acurate as it is

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You didnt use any rig, right?

No rigs, i think the proportion aren’t even real, the hands / torso/ arms aren’t symetrical, they’re just made so it looks good.

This is subD modeled, maybe a sculpt might yield more accurate result, i 'll probably try my hand at sculpting some time…

I see. Accuracy wise, it is about as perfect as it can get. Even if concept was inconsistent proportion wise, you made it look good at different angles as well.

1 Like

The concept is perfect as a 2d drawing, it get’s hard the moment you bring it in 3d.
So i was stuck with getting it as close as possible to the drawing, and eye balling everything pretty much
:rofl: :joy:

amazing work !

1 Like

Thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oh, that’s amazing!!
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this mesmerising artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on making 2d-characters in Blender.

Hope you all have a great start to the new year!

Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

Thanks for the article was a pleasure, but i’m a man! :joy:

1 Like

Really sorry for the mistake!

1 Like

No probleme that was funny🤣

1 Like