Bwai Sketchbooks, Blender for FDM 3D Printing

Hi there, I create this sketchbooks to share my 3d printing works, all models are made with Blender.

First model, a raptor claw :

Blender viewport :

3D print :

10 Likes

Here’s an articulated triceratops, model in a cartoon style.

The 3d print version.

8 Likes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles skull

*3D print : *

4 Likes

Here’s a wrecking ball, model in blender, 3d print at home.

4 Likes

Hey these are awesome ! I’d be interested in learning a bit more about your workflow, especially for designs with moving parts. Do you animate your models in Blender to see if it works or do you design a base and then iterate if things don’t go as planned ?

Hi Gorgious, thank you for comment !

To answer your question, I would say it’s depend of the model. Most of the time, I plan the modeling, think the articulation and I model it and print it. Sometime I move the part in blender using the rotation tool to check for collision with other parts.

If you’re are interested in 3d printing with Blender you can look at my instagram or my model on Cults3d.

Also you can learn a lot by looking at what other did. Look on thingiverse there is a lot of great free models. And you can too look on pinterest or instagram for articulate 3d print. You will get some insight on the process.

I hope it answer your question.

1 Like

W.I.P. : Gameboy Stand for Nintendo Switch.

Here’s the model done in Blender :

Vidéo sans titre ‐ Réalisée avec Clipchamp (9)

Here the beginning of the print. Need to print the buttons, clean/polishing the print and paint it.

Here’s a nitendo switch game case design.

2 Likes

Nintendo switch dock

1 Like

Finish my Gameboy dock for Switch.

1 Like

3 Likes

Here’s a new project. A nintendo swtich game case.
Sans titre

3 Likes

Here’s a rugged box for Nintendo Switch.

Sans titre

2 Likes

The great wave, model here

2 Likes

3 Likes

Add images

3 Likes