[BWC] Meet me by the docks

Great image. I like the mood and the principal lighting.

One observation though, which is bothering me. You added some light in your second image to show more of the monster. While this is an improvement over the first one, I think the monster’s eye should be the focus of the lighting.
My first impression was, that the monster has two eyes. The real amphibious eye and something like a human type eye, till I recognized this was just some skin bubble.

Then I guess, the high specularity on the monster’s top is achieved using a reflection map or similar. The shininess doesn’t seem to be the same as the specular reflection from the added light, which is kind of distracting.

All the best in the competition.

I liked the first image more then the second. It should have some mystery.

this is very attractive , you have my respect

Much better now! I would expect a harder spec though at his skin. The wet slimey skin should give a sharp edged specular, like the water in the background.

Besides that, great!

you dont have to plan a meet. IT could be an “I just met face to face with a big sea monster!”

Im not seeing anything? its just blank…No picture…the Link for the hair doesnt work either…

thanks for the tips. I’ll try to make some more adjustments before the deadline.

a lot of people think she’s meeting the monster, but I thought she was going to meet the guy floating in the water… but hey, it’s open to interpretation : ]

Lilgrudgeboy: my website might be having some downtime, so I guess wait a few minutes and try again. (it’s working for me right now).

My internet was all messed up(cant have the internet on the ps3 and pc working at the same time=/)…Reminds me alot like a scene from Fredy vs Jason

Looks great…

Looking awesome now! The extra lantern also lights up the monsters face very nicely. It was a little hard to see before.

Good work.

for me the oceanfloor appeared to be a rock texture.

Great image but I didn’t even see the floating guy until you told me. Maybe you could give a fake reflection on the water of the moon or something where the guy floats so he/it (?) gets the attention of the viewer.
But even with the meetup with the monster it is still a nice story.

I didn’t see the guy in the water at all. I had to boost the brightness way up. He’s to the left of the boat for those who have not found him. Yes, more light on him. He’s an important part of the story. Makes more sense now…Of course it means our girl is about to die…Or maybe the monster was jealous and killed her boyfriend.