[BWC] War Zone

This is looking really great!

As for teddy bear fur, I know there are a few tutorials out there for 2.46 fur/hair, if you just google “blender fur tutorial 2.46” you should come up with something. These should be good to get the basics of the new system down and afterwards I would just recommend playing with the settings. It’s quite fun actually!

Hey browntb, thanks for the feedback! I was researching a little bit and playing around with fur and particles. I did a small test, here’s what I’ve got so far… that’s not the final one, it’s subject to change depending on the tests and your opinions / feedback.

Attachments

holy mother of all softwares, this is very nice, very detailed too. keep it up. grats! can’t wait to see the final concept and model

blahblahken: Thanks for your feedback! :wink:

Here’s the work in progress of the teddy bear! It will be very fuzzy. I want the seams to be noticeable, to make it more reallistic. I’ll add the fur on it as soon as I finish the model. Any ideas / critics / suggestions are more than welcome!

Attachments

Ok, I’ve completed the Teddy Bear model, and later on I’ll keep you posted with the Fur and the Fluffyness :smiley:

Attachments

Looking sweet, man. That right there is some great modeling. Keep it up!

-Biggles

Thank you Biggles!.. :smiley: hey I’ve got one question regarding your plane, did you change it or is it that you’ll have 2 planes on your work ? The last post you had is looking very very nice and detailed! :stuck_out_tongue:

Great use of the particle system. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to render that picture?

EmmanuelBarroga: Thanks for the comments, actually that picture was rendered in something like 40 seconds. It has 100,000 particle hairs in it. That was the real resolution for the image though, not too big.

Can’t wait to see the bear’s completed form.

scary bear

heh! :smiley: it will not be so scary when its finished, It’ll be cute and fluffy!

I love the bear! Yeah, I’ve noticed that the particles don’t seem to add much time to the render. I was scared of that at first, but it seems like one soft-shadow-casting lamp can slow down the renderer way more than millions of particles.

This is one of those projects where I can’t wait for the results. Please get things done faster, lol, jk. Take your time.

Excellent idea, design and execution so far. If you can catch the feeling of your sketches in the 3D scene ( and I have no doubt, that you are able to do this) this will be a truly impressive image.

Guessing from the highly detailed modelling of your tank, I suppose you are aiming for a (semi) realistic style. I am really looking forward to the fully textured tank and teddy bear.

I will be watching this with much interest. Good luck in the contest.

EmmanuelBarroga: Thanks for your feedback, I think you like it as much as I do and want to see it completed as much as I do! :D. I’ll finish it, u have my word.

loramel: I think you’ve done your homework watching the sketches, since that’s exactly the type of style that I projected on the drawing. a Semi-Reallistic style. You can see the streets, that are somehow cartoonish, but the tank (and my friend teddy), are highly detailed. I’ll get up with the texturing of teddy and tank later on, though, I’ll finish teddy first. I appreciate your comments, thank you!

Hello everyone. Thanks for following up with me in this amazing and exciting event where all of us come together and share knowledge, critics and comments, to create great pieces of art using blender.

I was unemployed and I got a job, I have to move to another city and I’m making the arrangements… so I will not be able to continue working with teddy for some days. As soon as I get back to blender again, I’ll try to advance as much as I can, so I can finish this thing, because I’m getting very excited with the results and your comments! I’m glad you like it!. Keep blending! never stop!

Regards,
Ernie.-

Here’s a small animation I did just to test teddy’s rig. To play the video you need the h.264 codec, or you can use mplayer or VLC, which you can get from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Here’s the animation, hope you like it:
http://uploader.polorix.net//files/433/BWC_posts/teddy.avi

Attachments

der|kunstler holy crud muffins! You are really good at model creating.

Well,I’m back, but I think too late to finish the project… had been very busy these few days with my current job (not 3D related… arghh!!!)… and, what can I say, I will make sure to have more time for the next BWC! :slight_smile:

Aww man, what a disappointment! Is there any way you can just do it halfway? I mean, you do have until tomorrow…