By the Rivers of Avalon

For this work used among other things Kitbash 3D, Botaniq, Nisarga, Terrascape and Grasswald addons. The mist and smokey parts are done in Photoshop afterwards. I hope you enjoy it.

45 Likes

Thanks for your support on this piece.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart for featuring my work.

1 Like

It’s scheduled for the feature row. Thanks to your support. Many thanks.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Nice work. I hope you are happy with the result. It is a very complex scene and a good idea for a scene, with a girl and her dog on the riverbank in a medieval setting. I dont know if you want critique but if you do then keep reading.

Using some DOF and cropping, then bringing contast and focus on the central part with saturation levels.
Or taking it to HD:

2 Likes

This is a matter of taste to blur the background. With blurring the background it’s an artistic choice common used in photography. You can achieve the same result by playing with atmosphere fog layers.

Anyway, love this environment !

1 Like

@insiderrr : Blur is a camera & lens property, and yes, it can be used as a artistic measure while shooting a image…

But @Boder isn’t entirely wrong here.
What he/she probably is trying to say, is that images like these often don’t take real world camera’s in account, and for that the image lacks a certain feel, and stays in the 3D realm.
Digital lenses mostly don’t really look at things like aperture while rendering. One should take that into account for a 3D image as well.

This image is for sure a well done piece, but some small tweaks could improve the focus and composition.

And now I have Boney M. stuck in my head… :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. I will read all your advices for future projects.

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

Thank you Bart for the nomination.