To announce the release of a new version of the BZoo network game template on this section, I revived and old thread that was issued by the time of the first version.
It turns out that it led to some confusion between the former generation and the new one.
The new BZoo site is here: http://bzooworld.org/
If you plan to react to the announce of the new BZoo release, please consider posting either in this current thread or the one posted on the News and Discussion section.
BZoo is a network game template that is especially designed to allow network game creation without having to program a single line of code.
Despite it is possible to quickly prototype games without any skills in programming, BZoo also offers programmers and Blender game creators a powerful framework to make pro level multiuser network applications such as MORPG, Persistent Virtual Worlds, network PVP and so on…
The newly issued version comes with lots of new features such as:
* Dual mode view * Shooting system * Synchronized and "collectable" objects handling * Multi scene support * Network saved inventory system * Dialog with NPC * Multi player connections handling * Player authentication system * Avatar selection screen * Interoperability with IRC * Flexible file organization for collaborative works * Extensible player properties system
A documentation is currently being written … Get a bunch here…
For Python developers willing to extend BZoo or take advantage of its services here’s the Python API.
If you want to give BZoo a try:
- Download the BZoo Source Archive from here.
- Unpack it in the directory of your choice.
- Open the BZooClient.blend file
- Press P
- Press Del , enter your login and press Enter
- Choose your avatar with arrow keys and validate by pressing Enter
You should now be in the main game scene
- Use arrow keys to change point of view
- F1 to get a menu
- F2 to use use “in game” chat
- F3 to connect to IRC chat
- Right click to throw a bomb
- Left click to shoot bullets
- Space to open door (you’ll need to have the key in your inventory to do that)
To catch an object from the scene, collide with it.
To start dialog with NPC, get in touch with the character.
To teleport to an other scene, collide with the teleporter.
A DemoWorld is in progress that will demonstate all BZoo features in a nicer way.
PS: BZoo works on Windows XP,Vista, Ubuntu, Debian and MAC OS X and it is released under GPL licence.