C.I.R.I.S - Last Update 7.24.2014

this looks great. would look better with some shadows on the car. great work

Thanks! The current car is just a place holder which is why their are no shadows, it was just to test the camera shift/character disappearing, Im working on the new car which will be physics controlled so it will react to the environment more realistically, and also, have shadows (:

Have you seen wrectifieds camera?

It is a physics object that applies force and torque to follow a target, you can change the target to a empty on the car, and bing camera smoothly moves to that point and rotation.

Its ghost so it does not eat alot of cpu.

I can carve it into a empty scene.

Its ghost so it does not eat alot of cpu.

I can carve it into a empty scene.

Havent seen it! I’m assuming its in the resources section?

Playing around with vehicle physics

I love the style of your game so far. One thing that I would recommend ,though, is that you use the vehicle wrapper for your vehicle… or if you don’t want to, you could use the servo motion actuator. It will give your vehicle a smooth acceleration to the speed you want, better than the simple motion would.

Thanks! and interesting! Ill look into it, currently I’m using linear velocity, but I’ll be sure to look into servo motion!

Just testing to see how the lod/framerate is for a jungle scene.
StreamStream

Update #6

ChangeLog

Addded (+)

• Foliage
  • Trees
  • Landscape Test
  • Slum Houses
  • Shipping Crates
  • Low poly objects
  • Upper torso now follows mouse
  • Muzzle Flash, Sounds, & Function for all 3 fire modes
  • Diversity with fire modes (shot gun is shorter range, but larger target, etc)
  • Better G.R.I.V Model (not show in video)

Removed (-)

• Place Holder G.R.I.V
    Changed (*)
  • Improved models
  • Walking and running speeds
  • Aiming

Hey, this looks cool. I think the lighting’s really dark - you could use a couple of Hemi lamps and a brighter Sun lamp, I think. The Hemi lamps should probably have different energy values or colors, and the one that’s overhead should probably be brighter than the one that faces upward, underneath everything. These are just some things I notice about lighting setups, though.

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve always had trouble finding realistic light settings, my current set up was really geared towards realistic shadow casting, but I’ll definitely be tweaking it before the next update so that its a little easier to see on screen :slight_smile: thanks for the input!

Maybe this little article(the blog are of martinsh) can help you with the lightning, is simple but effective.

Very helpful! Thank you!

Playing around with some buildings. Game takes place in the distant future, so I’m going for a futuristic look, but trying to keep them practical. Sooo, yeah. they are all pretty low poly for buildings, let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

Looks like a great game. :slight_smile:

I can’t really tell if your buildings are textured well because the picture is zoomed far out, but it looks pretty good from what I can see. Did you do an ambient occlusion bake?

If you want a lot of these buildings in one place then it might be worth it to use cubes for the ladder instead of cylinders. That geometry adds up.

Thanks!

Yeah I bake an Ambient occlusion & Normal for the textures. My texturing is never really as good as I want it to be, so I try and compensate with normal maps, reflection, etc.

Probably a good idea! I’m going to be using LOD for the city blocks, so at any time there will only really be 3-4 blocks loaded, So the lag shouldn’t be bad, but the ladder is one of those things that wouldn’t be to obvious as a cube shape, and every polygon helps!

Thanks for the advice! (:

Normal maps are a must with anything I do. I used to use a lot of reflection maps, especially on top of the objects with normal maps, but lately I’ve been trying to get good at specularity maps. They’re much more convincing imo.

If you have the whole building using one material you should try and experiment with some specularity maps for those windows. With that you could make lots of blotches and some smears.

Interesting, Never really looked into specularity maps, but I’ll give it a go!