Cabin in the woods

I am trying to learn how to make realistic exterior renders. I still have along way to go in figuring it out, but this is my latest cabin scene. I modeled the cabin; the rest of the scene is built with assets from Evermotion, Blenderkit, CGTrader. Fall colors were created by customizing the summer and spring foliage textures.

Sketch for good measure:

14 Likes

I decided to make a different version for a more specific use case. A little less busy to make the cabin stand out more, zoom out for a bit more environment, and some basic lighting updates. Also messed with the cabin color a little to match an actual stain sample I had.

3 Likes

1 Like

Frack me… I looked at the original, and thought “oh, you photoshopped some people in there”… and then i saw the raw… ok, well done.

I used two models from Blenderkit. They actually look pretty good in renders.

Like this one:

The dogs in the first version were added in using photoshop AI, but you are really limited since you can’t change things in the render and get the same dog. So the last version, I used a dog in the blender file so I could make changes and still have the same dog. The fly was a blenderkit model.

The fish was a free CGtrader FBX model, and while the model was pretty good, the texture was awful. So it looks a bit rough.

Another view

Really clean render!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you!

1 Like