CAD Like transform

Ah man. Thats so awesome. Ur the best. Thanks!!

And yes a Tutorial might come on handy​:wave::joy:
Cheers!!!

changed Round to Ctrl and Disable Snap to Alt, for me it more convenient, thanks!

Hi,
Released CAD Transform 0.0.7

Small bug fixes and enhancements.

Made a basic video tutorial !

6 Likes

Great!

Possible to scale whole object /x+y+z/ at a time?
And/or scale by a reference distance/object?
And/or scale by indicating distance on an object and typing a value-for rescaling whole object by that value?

Yes, take a look at scale part in video.
11:15 Scale

4 Likes

I want to extend my congratulations Stephen. This is the first time i saw the features in their complete range and i must say, among the set you have shown, i do not know what is more magnificent and more significant upgrade to Blender’s pipeline.

Whether it is custom constraint / coordinate system, the projection snapping, the intersection detection, the pivot selection, the ease of usage or the ability to navigate while transforming… Well done, indeed…

4 Likes

Also, a small idea popped up in my mind while watching your scale tool… could also be related to what @bluecd mentioned.

While scaling from a reference point, besides typing the percentage (or absolute value) of the object you want it to be scaled to, you could also type the difference amount. Let’s say you want to shorten a concrete beam by exactly 24 cm - you activate scale, choose constraint, grab the endpoint of the beam and type ’ -24 ’

In the same way, if you want to extend it by the same amount, you type ’ +24 '. If you type in just ’ 24 ', the absolute length of the beam would go to 24 cm…

In this way, the +/- sign would act as an indicator the user would like to enter the difference amount instead of the total one.

2 Likes

Ok got it now,
You should be able to do it by using the “X” key to confirm and then enter a new value, the same way you “stack” transformations along many axis.
Not checked but could work.

1 Like

Ah, you mean to designate a value along all three axes one after another? Ok, i understand. Yeah, that could also be a nice upgrade.

I was referring more to a simple one - dimensional scaling, like the one that you’ve shown at 12:05 in the tutorial. The only difference would be - instead of “0.5m”, you could also type “-3.5m” and get the same result.

The ‘difference amount’ :wink:

1 Like

So needed!
Very good offer.
Thank you!!

1 Like

When I proceed as per Your advice , I get rescaled but completely flat object.
As if rescaled object and projected it onto 2D , X-Y, plan.

Works just great, very intuitive - thanks! :pray:

Hmm will take a look
Confirmed.
Until next release, you may snap and hit A for 3 corners of the face, then snap to last one and confirm.

3 Likes

" Is Key Free" addon come with Blender, if someone needs to find available shortcut keys.

@stephen_leger thank you very much for this addon.
It’s a gamechanger for everyone works with ArchViz. Finally I can stop going crazy trying snapping.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks stephen. the best tool of the year

1 Like

One of the best at least :wink:
So many great add-ons for Blender.

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Trying to get my head around this great addon. I’m trying to do the following (see image) but if it can do it, I can’t get it to happen. Thanks in advance.

Like this ? with (C) Constraint

1 Like