Cage Map for ShaderMap 4

HI All – im using the free version of ShaderMap 4, and while it has the capability of using cage maps, they are not included in the free version. Ive watched their vids and still am not quite getting the concept. Can someone please explain how to use a cage map to create normal maps in SM4

THanks
TIM

TIM,

Thank you. I had forgotten ShaderMap is good for making materials. lol. I use it differently to process 2d images. But back to the issue, I am hopefully understanding your question. The software is deceptively easy. This is the basic stuff which probably means I am not answering your question.

Load the model as a obj. 3d model.

Select auto cage function with plane square.

Making sure you have the 3d TS Normal (3D Model) selected click on the render button.

done.

You can tweak all the parameters in the bottom window to get the factors correct for your image as needed.

There is a long list of different render options for 3d models you can select and assign to render for your needs though they need UV maps. I haven’t played with that stuff yet. Regardless there are a lot of options.

OLG:

Thanks for the response, Unfortunately, The built in cage maps are only for the commercial version, which I have not been able to afford yet. It does have the ability to use a cage map that you import as well, but I Dont know how to make the cage map to import
Thanks

TIM

TIM, sorry about that. I use Shadermap to create depth maps (displacement maps) for cnc pattern creation so I’ve never really gotten into this side of the software.

Regardless, good luck. Hopefully someone can help answer the question.