Cake Texture!!??

Hey!! Okay, so I am making a cake in blender 3d…but I need a texture for the frosting. Im too lazy to make my own…is there anyone out there that might be able to tell me where to get one?? thanks!! oh…and it needs to be chocolate frosting.

Here is my quick try at it. A simple procedural texture for bump and a chocolate colored material.

Here is the Blend if you think that material will work:
Cake.blend (59.2 KB)

i tough you use the array modif to do the little chololate chips on top
but i did not see it !

how did you do this one?
Salutations

@Ricky, No array this time. I simply used a circle (with no faces) and dupliverted the chocolate stars to the circle. In the Blend the circle is hard to see because it sits below the cake’s surface. Also the original star object is right in the middle of the cake just below the surface. Hide the cake object and you will see all the parts of the duplivert setup.

i checke the F7 panel i did not see any duplivert on

but when you select the middle choco piece and it 's the only one you can select anyway
so how come we don’t see the duplivert on?
and how was the z offset created ?
Salutations

@Ricky, The Dupiverts option is turned on for the circle that is acting as the “array” for the chips. The offset is simple a result of the center of the chip being outside of the object. Similar to the trouble we had with the molecule and dupifaces. The Duplicated objects are attached to the parent at their centers.

hey!! thanks so much that cake is amazin… is there anyway to make it look more realistic? if not, it down’t matter much. you really just gave be a different look at texturizing things. thanks!!! i am trying to make a baskery. haha

I think the realism would be helped with better lighting. I compared this material to a photo of a cake with chocolate frosting and the spec and bump of the material are very close. I however, used very simply spot lights for the above render.