Calling animations with key commands

I’m sure this is a really easy thing to do, but I’m stuck.

I’m fairly new to this blender thing, but I definitely have got the hang of rendering, using armitures, animating, etc…

I want to put together a simple game for practice, but am having trouble making an oject animate when I hit a keyboard button. I’ve tried following a tutorial’s advice, which says to create an animation with an armiture(connected to a mesh), then to make the armiture an actor(F8 buttons), and use the blocks to connect the key press to an action actuator,and set the frames. It will not animate when I press the key. If I swap out the action actuator with a simple motion rotation or location actuator, it works. Can anyone help me figure out where I’m going wrong?

Also, just curious, is it possible to get around the object’s hit box being a sphere? It seems you would ned to use a python script, as it’s not built in. Is that possible?

since 2.33 it could be any shape you want, but I’d imagine the actor must be a mesh

[so, add some mesh [say a cube], and make it invisible [face buttons, in face select mode], and make it an actor and the parent of the armature…]

the option for different bound types is below the actor buttons [click the bounds button, and a new menu shows up]

action actuators play actions, which define BONE animations.

so, you must be in pose mode (control+tab) to animate an action [it works a lot like objects, advance a few frames, transform some things, with them selected press the I key and choose what curves to keyframe…]

also, actions have names, you need to type that into the action actuator

other than that, I guess you’ll be more specific

since 2.33 it could be any shape you want, but I’d imagine the actor must be a mesh
aha. that was easy :expressionless: (I just upgraded my version of blender, so I didn’t realize it was there.

also, actions have names, you need to type that into the action actuator
I think this is the problem, I’m not sure what to type in for the action name. I have the keyframes set and animated using posemode already, and it animates properly. How do I figure out the action name?

EDIT:I’m a genius.
It’s in gasp the action window :-?
Thanks for the help, that was it!