Camera Animation Path - Speed Changing / Slowing Down on Bezier Curve

Hi All,

I’m having some problems setting up a follow camera path along a Bezier Curve

I’ve manipulated the Bezier Curve and added some control points

The problem is while the camera follows along the path with the keyframes, the camera speed seems to change at different control points. (I’ve put on linear interpolation between the keyframes) but it seems to be driven by the curve. see attached sketch.

I am fairly new to animation and Blender, and this is driving me insane!
Thanks in advance!

Check out the graph edit.

In a format such as graph A, the speed at the beginning and the end is different from the speed at the middle.
A format such as a B graph has the same speed for all intervals.

Change the graph key value is Hot Key V after selecting the key.

please show us your graph editor of your camera animation

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I think I have that covered with the graph editor and a liner line. See the video link below to see a recording of the problem, and graph editor etc.

Ive come across the below post which think is the same problem, might not be… but I don’t understand the answer of the scale being the problem or how to change those settings with reference to the camera animation :grimacing: :upside_down_face:

“EDIT: Color me very embarrassed. The acceleration is because you haven’t applied scale. Scale is off in the X direction, and that confuses the curve length calculation. (Aside: You still have Bezier easing, so there’s acceleration at the start and deceleration at the end because of that.)” - @MartyFouts

Thanks in advance!

Hi, please share your file

See the Link to stripped back file ~10MB

Indeed the solution was to apply the curve’s scale. Further I recommend checking “fixed position” this way the constrained object’s position on the curve is normalized on 0…1 which is often more controllable (otherwise it uses parametric distance I think, which varies with segment length, but don’t quote me on that)

See https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/search.html?q=apply+scale&check_keywords=yes&area=default (second result)