Camera Clip Color

Hi,

just out of curiosity is there a way to change the black color, which comes from camera cliping to another colors like white ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

When you clip the scene, you’ll get the inside of the object as if it was hollow… So if you give the object a new shader for the backside; for example, an emission:

2 Likes

This worked like a charm, thank you very much !

One more question, can you explain me how you managed to get rid of the additionals options in the “Geometry-Node” for example ? So it show you only the Sockets you used/need and what does the “Holdout” Node do ?

Thanks again !

Check the bottom part in TopMenu → Node (i.e. Toggle Hidden Node Sockets)

It stops the path tracing when hit… In this case it prevents the backfacing to illuminate any ray with depth 1 or more (all rays except camera).

1 Like

@Secrop

Hey i wanted to ask if there is also a possibility to combine these nodes with an additional one to make the outer line be bold, so the edges have some thickness applied.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

You could use a ‘Object Line Art’…

Add a GreasePencil>ObjectLineArt to your scene, set its object to your walls, and set the EdgeType to ‘Loose’ only.

Then add the following GN to the walls:

1 Like

Dude you are insane, seriously i wonder how people are able to know all of this!

Thank you so much !

Are you able to reproduce the last @Secrop suggestion?
I’ve tried to follow the steps suggested but I can’t make the wall outline as you requested.

Here my sample scene.
walls_cutted.zip (126.2 KB)

There are two problems in your blend…

You need to remove the top faces of your “Cube” object, to create the cutted part.

You need to set the “Less than” node value to something between 1 and 2. That will then pick all edges that just have 1 face, which will only be the ones from the top!
:wink:

2 Likes

thank you… I was missing that the wall object was “cutted” deleting the upper face… I was supposing that I should use just the near clip camera distance.
Now it works perfectly.