Camera Orientation error in blender [Floor]

Hi!
I was working on a VFX project when I came to the camera orientation part. I wanted to set 3 tracks as the “Floor”. This error message keeps popping up…[Three tracks with bundles are needed to orient the floor]. I noticed that it only occurs when I choose one of the “Yellow” tracks.

Here:

We can discuss here!

I think the video you used is not an easy sample to track Camera.
You can track it again, or you can track another point

See also the method of Camera Tracking video in a similar environment.

I don’t get it…so the problem is in the video I’m adding VFX to?

I think motion tracking requires experience
It’s not easy… :slightly_smiling_face:

The floor can only be created when 3 tracks are fully tracked.

Perhaps it is not possible to create a floor because it does not meet the conditions.

It’s a lecture that has 12 lectures.

Try Refine Tracking Solution as a basic Addon to reduce errors

But even if you use Addon, it’s hard to solve the results that don’t meet the conditions

If you’re a beginner, try an easier and more reliable source.

※ The image you’re trying to trek seems like an image that’s hard to expect good results without a marker to track.

Those 3 tracks MUST have data on both frames 260 & 360. The two frames you chose in the settings - top left.

It may be a bad video for tracking. If the camera only points in that general direction you are not getting enough info for an accurate solve. No matter how low the solve number gets.

1 Like

So you think I should change the video to one that has more detail? like…more rotation etc.?
Thanks guys for your help!
I’ll watch the videos maybe I get to know where the probem is.
But tell me what you think about that ^^

I enjoyed that series Kim posted. Its well done.

Yes - more rotation is needed. Read up on affine. It helps you understand the motion trackers need for at least 90 degree rotation. There are other trackers do fine with a simple camera dolly shot. Blender will give you a low solve value, but there will be errors. Scale off, Things aligned in the 3D camera that are all over the place in blender when you rotate to the side. That is mostly due to the lack of affine info.
And dont try for minimum amount of trackers. You need trackers all over the video - all through the entire time of the video.
But of course it depends on what you are doing. Some times you only need 2 or 3 tracks to do video stabliising with. Do look around for weddings and sports footage that people need to have the wobble removed from it. Easy $$. :sunglasses:

Watch this guys videos. He works in hollywood. The amount of extra info you get from him is amazing compared to 90% of tut videos that are all the same as each other - ‘just do this and use this value’… He gives you 20+ years of experience.
https://www.youtube.com/@seankennedy6076/videos

Go here for some good free video shot for tracking. “Blaster walk” was very popular with Blender users a few years back.

Think about why the shots are good for tracking - compared to sunset on the beach scenes.

Thanks for the recommendation!
So you think I should get another vid instead that has more rotation to it…
And btw…the vids kim suggested were honestly pretty different from what I was doing.
I’ll go, get another detailed footage and come back to you guys.
Thanks again

So what are you doing? Obviously you are just practicing - because you cant use video with a large watermark in the middle of it.
Whats you end goal?

Of Course I’m practicing VFX…it’s a personal project just for training…after that I can create another one by myself. What does the watermark has to do?

The shutterstock watermark on the video… Its not important, I am just saying you must be practicing because there is a big logo visible.

And yes - more rotation in the video, If I am making my own I will have lots of rotation at the start and end of the video - with a nice easy to watch dolly or pan in the middle. Or use two video from different angles and align the results.

Back to your original question… After doing the solve you can just move the camera to get good alignment. Having the floor button is just an easy way to help you get the scene aligned to one of the axis. But often there is no flat floor or wall. So for that video in your first post you can ignore the floor button.

I guess I got a suitable footage …
Enough rotation?

It’s a trimmed version…

There may be enough. But is there also up and down motion of the camera?? It will improve the result. This is a good video for having markers all over the view. So it should give a good solve.

Good luck.

Ok I’ll try it and come back