Camera Tools Addon (for Motion Graphics, ...)

That’s so great! Thank you Jacques I’m really hoping you can get this included as official distribution.

Fantastic addon, many thanks. Just in case anyone else has the same issue as me, I found the addon wasn’t working with Blender 2.70. I upgraded to 2.71 and now it’s working perfectly. Love it!

Hey Jacques I was wondering…
When you change the ‘travel value’ of text objects (skip around by arrow), could the script also highlight the closest object in the list below? Could you jump to the travel point by clicking on the the item in the list?

Hm. I can do that. But I don’t know how to highlight something in this target list. I the lens flare addon I did this with an icon in the seleted row…

the second thing should be easy. I will implement that later that day or tomorrow

Here is a new release with two small changes:
https://github.com/JacquesLucke/Blender-Camera-Addon/releases/tag/v1.3.2

Whoa that was fast! Thanks for listening I’ll look at it as soon as possible.

No problem. The change I had to make was only in a single line. :slight_smile:
I hope it works. I didn’t test it too much. Tell me if something goes completely wrong

It’s awesome, and a discoverable function I think. It seems intuitive that you could click on a object button in this way.

Was the highlight function too hard to code? It’s a shame you cannot even draw a line around the button or shade it differently but I guess Blender’s UI drawing is not that flexible in python.

Yeah. Thanks for that idea btw.

Ahh I totally forgot that :smiley:
hm. Yes it is a bit of a shame but otherwise we would have addons that would all use their own styles. Then the UI would look even more overloaded.
I think I can do that too in a few days.

The thing that annoys me with blender’s addons is ease of identifying them on tabs and scrol panels. They all blend into Blender Camouflage grey. Shame we cant at least define the addon ui box it’s own color. Like we can with nodes.

I wonder if python can let you customise ui panels. Now that would be a useful addon.

yep, that would be useful…

Although the Sniper video demonstrates the overshoot function, it is not clear how it relates to the easing values. Perhaps when a user dials in overshoot, the script could alter the easing values to a more expected behaviour? As I think most people would prefer energy preservation while the few who want that bounce after arrival can alter it manually.

The best thing here is how close to finished your script makes the animation. I can spend time on timing and scale than fiddling with curves.

Hm. I know what you mean. I wrote a bit with Gottfried about that and we both know that it would be much easier if one value influences the other automatically. The problem is that it this is harder to implement. :confused:

I don’t know if I will find time to do this… Maybe someone else can do this.

At the Moment I’m working on these animation nodes. And to be honest, this is the more interesting project…

Thanks so much for sharing this the Old Blender way. Not being able to afford a post program like AE this will come in handy.

Haha! Of course, thankyou so much for the work on this addon. Can’t wait to see how the nodes one works out.

I’m having some weirdness with Sniper that I wonder if anyone else has experienced (or has a fix for). Whenever I click on “Manipulate Timing” and make adjustments to the dope sheet that appears, and then click on “Recalculate,” my changes are ignored and it returns the dope sheet to the default arrangement of keyframes. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Which version are you using as I dont have the button “Manipulate Timing”. I just go straight to the dope sheet and drag around keyframes. Then hit Recalculate in the Sniper tab.

I’m using 1.3.1. All the “Manipulate Timing” button seems to do is open a dope sheet.

The weird thing is I started a brand new scene today, and now it appears to be working as expected. I must have somehow broken my scene yesterday, because every time I would make a change to the dope sheet, as soon as I hit “Recalculate,” it would jump back to the original keyframe positions. But today, it appears to be working. I wish I knew what I had done (so I could avoid that in the future!), but at least I can use it now. :slight_smile:

Hi, is there a chance for 2.8 version ? :slight_smile:

Thx

1 Like