Camera tracking

I’m trying to find out if there are any good camera tracking tutorials out there for the Blender 3+ series of releases? I have a video that I want to make and replace the background and put some objects into the scene that will go off camera and back on again since the camera will be slowly moving.

Many of the tutorials I have found seem to use a lot of “magic wand” where they do a lot of the settings without any explanation.

Default Cube is IMHO hands down the best camera tracking tutorial I’ve seen in Blender and I am incredibly grateful to that guy for putting it together.

Now, the thing that bears keeping in mind, which is also the thing that most people don’t really seem to understand, is that the way you shoot the footage is the determining factor between being able to get a good camera solve or wasting hours trying.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the video. I checked it out and he explains things a lot better than most of the people making this kind of tutorial. I’m going to be making scene similar to a scene in Bladerunner 2049 but I’ll have a city in the background and a couple other things closer. I’ll have to learn how to make fog next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please refer to the link (12 Lectures)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp90cx0wSyKawSPe_26RWZ40A0sFL15Xe