Camp Kumbaya ¦ Another Blender/Flash Fusion (More Blender This Time :D )

Here’s another Blender/Flash fusion I made recently (for my best customer “Lullaby World Official”), and was one of my first forays into making 3D characters for a freelance project. Almost everything was rendered in Blender this time, with the three most notable exceptions being the the night sky, the glow effects, and the smile (I wasn’t 100% happy with the original smile, so I rotoscoped over it in Flash).

A few interesting things of note are the eyes, which are spheres, though flattened along the line of sight by a parent bone. Each eyelid is a half-sphere whose rotation is controlled by a driver. The eyelids are also then flattened by the parent bone.

I’ve been notoriously impatient about render times, so for this scene I mixed in a lot of emission shaders to reduce noise even at a low samples count (16). I also found a cool way in VirtualDub to reduce noise even further with the “Smoother” filter (in this case, set to “75”).

(P.S. As a side note, I also arranged the music in LMMS (based on sheet music)).

Feedback appreciated! :slight_smile: Cheers and God bless!

This looks great! I think the tent is a bit sheer… But if you thicken it up you won’t be able to see the lamp… You might try putting the lamp right beside the Bible he is reading. If you did that it might also give light to his face so you can see it a bit more and it would draw focus to the middle of your scene too. Other than that it has great style. Well done.:grin: Almost reminds me of veggie tales.

1 Like