Can a ColorPicker button be appended to a PupBlock popup menu?

http://imgur.com/p8VzDl.jpg

The image above is what I was hoping to put in a PupBlock menu. As far as I can tell, it’s not possible. Can someone let me know for sure whether or not I can append a ColorPicker button inside of a PupBlock popup menu?

Blender 2.49 script code:

pipesInput = Blender.Draw.Create(pipesInputStart)
pipeColor = Blender.Draw.ColorPicker(8, 0, 0, 200, 200, (0.6,0.2,0.4), "Inner Pipe Color",gui_handleEvent)

block = []

block.append(("Pipes: ", pipesInput, 1, 200, "Number of pipes per row"))
block.append(("Pipe Color", pipeColor, 0.0, 1.0, "Inner piper color"))

if not Blender.Draw.PupBlock("Create MultiPipes",block):
        return

print "color: ", pipeColor.val

The result of the above code is that a blank button is created below the Pipes numeric slider button. The blank button does nothing if clicked. If I press OK. The original tuple color value is printed in the console. If I try to put tuple values in the max, min (now 0.0, 1.0) areas, I always get an error.

So, is ColorPicker an incompatible Button Object type to place in a PupBlock?

Now, I’m trying a second approach:
before the PupBlock I have:

Draw.Register(gui, None, gui_handleEvent)

And also:

def gui_handleEvent( evt, val ):
    print "gui_handleEvent :: ", evt, " > ", val
    if not val:  # val = 0: it's a key/mbutton release
        if evt in [Draw.LEFTMOUSE, Draw.MIDDLEMOUSE, Draw.RIGHTMOUSE]:
            print "You released a mouse button."
            Draw.Redraw(1)
        return

if evt == Draw.ESCKEY:
        Draw.Exit()                 # exit when user presses ESC
        return

Draw.Redraw(1)

def gui():
       global b
       b= Blender.Draw.ColorPicker(9, 100, 100, 200, 200, (0.6,0.2,0.4), "Inner Pipe Color",gui_handleEvent)

The result of this is that after clicking OK on the PupBlock, a ColorPicker square is drawn in Blender’s main Buttons Window. When I chose a color, I’m currently getting an error: gui_handleEvent() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given).

Anyway, this second method doesn’t help much because it displays the ColorPicker after the user has already clicked OK on the PupBlock popup window. I need the ColorPicker displayed on top or beside the PupBlock menu, while it is still active before the user presses OK.

From what my searches have turned up, it seems I will have to discard the PupBlock gui and draw a new gui from scratch if I want to use a Draw.ColorPicker button object. Is that correct?

http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc/Draw-module.html#ColorPicker

No, you cant have it in a PupBlock - there is no such an option for the PupBlock items (2.49). Your second approach is better. I currently dont know about the error you get - just check carefully the API…

Regards,

Thanks very much. Now I can stop spending time on trying to get it to work like that and move on to other options. Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been away for a few days.